Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Is JR Pass Worth It? 2023/6/22 10:01
Hello,

I've been trying to use different calculators to figure out whether a JR pass is worth it for the different places that I will be visiting in August. I've also taken a look at google maps, but can't figure out whether or not I will need a JR pass for certain places. Looking for some advice. Thank you.

Haneda Airport - Akihabara
Tokyo - Kyoto
Kyoto - Tokyo
Akihabara - Disney
Akihabara - Sanrio Puroland
by Amy (guest)  

Re: Is JR Pass Worth It? 2023/6/23 01:40
You can buy Non JR pass, such as Greater Tokyo pass 5 day =7200 yen ,cover haneda, tokyo, disney, akihabara,sanrio puroland by Non JR train and bus unlimited timefor 5 days
by Jinnah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is JR Pass Worth It? 2023/6/23 07:25
You never NEED a JRP. you can perfectly but separate individual tickets.

Go again to google maps to find the cost from your hotel to each of the places you want to visit. Add it up. … and you’ll see that the JRP will NOT payoff unless you have forgotten a lot of longish daytrips.

Regarding the Tokyo wide pass the PP suggested, not good advice. All your Tokyo travel is within the city/very close to the city.
Eg Akihabara - Sanriopuriland is 545 yen (one way) , 1:08 h, by metro and Keio line.

Note that the JR pass or other JR Regionsl passes cannot be used in NON JR trains.

Just get an Ic Card for all your local travel and pay conveniently with it the full fare and get a Shinkansen ticket for your trip to Kyoto and back at a vending machine.

Haneda Airport - Akihabara
Tokyo - Kyoto
Kyoto - Tokyo
Akihabara - Disney

Akihabara - Sanrio Puroland
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Is JR Pass Worth It? 2023/6/23 08:32
You only have one long-ish round trip to Kyoto, all the other stuff is trivial short distance stuff and the 7200 yen pass mentioned is WAY too expensive.
Even with the round trip to Kyoto, individual tickets would be cheaper than the 7-day pass.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Is JR Pass Worth It? 2023/6/23 21:57
Thank you very much!
by Amy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is JR Pass Worth It? 2023/6/24 07:25
Just get regular fare tickets - you can also use the Nozomi bullet trains, which have around 4 times the number of departures, as well as get you there about 25-30 minutes sooner.

The pass referred to above is the Greater Tokyo Pass,
https://greater-tokyo-pass.jp
not the Tokyo Wide Pass. They are different - the Great Tokyo Pass is for non-JR travel. That said, the OP is far from making one break even with the given itinerary.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is JR Pass Worth It? 2023/6/24 19:40
You need 500 yen
From Haneda airport to akihabara station
You will ride tokyo monorail once and any sta tion of yamanote line once by paying 500 yen
by Roh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread