Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

15 days trip to Hakkaido and Tokyo 2023/6/24 19:04
Is it better to go Tokyo first after landing in Narita Airport instead of travel directly to Sapporo? If direct to Sapporo, which is the best mode of transportation?

Is JR PASS required for travel from airport to Kyobashi Tokyo?

Appreciate advice on travel to Hokane, Mt.Fuji, Sapporo, Hell Valley, Hakodate, Aomori, Shinjuku, Narita Airport return
by CC (guest)  

Re: 15 days trip to Hakkaido and Tokyo 2023/6/25 01:03
About hakone Trip:
You can buy odakyu rail 1 day pass=2000 yen
Unlimited travel betwen shinjuku to odawara
About sapporo Trip:you can buy sapporo sub way 1 day pass=830 yen
About aomori:you can buy aomoriken holiday pass 1 day=2520 yen,city bus pass=1000 yen
Narita airport=4070 yen,Nex Tokyo roundtrip
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 15 days trip to Hakkaido and Tokyo 2023/6/25 05:51
We need more information to answer your question:
- when are you traveling?
- how many days in total?
- how many days in each place?

If it is better to do Tokyo and surroundings before heading to Hokkaido or not depends on too many factors. Eg you could fly directly to Sapporo Chitose upon arriving in Japan and the. Work your way down by train. I personally would prefer that from flying back from Hokkaido and taking straight the international flight. But if you can buy an open jar ticket including Hokkaido (eg Chitose) that would be probably best.

by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: 15 days trip to Hakkaido and Tokyo 2023/6/25 18:10
Likebike is correct.If you dont give us details information, then how this Forum will give you answer.how many days in each place?
by Mr Modi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 15 days trip to Hakkaido and Tokyo 2023/6/26 01:07
Hi LikeBike, Mr. Modi,

We booked flight to and from Narita Airport from 10 to 25/10. Total 15 days

Have traveled to Tokyo,Kyoto,Osaka not too long ago.

10-12/10 (3 days) thought better to stay in Kyobashi hotel then travel long distance to Hakone/Sapporo after long flight.

12-17 booked hotel 6 days in Sapporo, is it advisable to travel to Hell Valley and back within a day

17-19 Aomori-

19-21 (3 days) Hakodate

21-25/10/2023 Shinjuku

Thank you Jo for your info on the rail pass, so JR pass is not necessary for my trips?
by CC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 15 days trip to Hakkaido and Tokyo 2023/6/26 07:59
- Invert Hakodate and Aomori otherwise you are back tracking.
- be aware that JRP changes cost in October. Exact details are unknown but potentially you can buy it in September for the current price and use in October
- Noboribetsu travel is described here https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6753.html?aFROM=2163_6750 doable as a daytrip from Sapporo. However I personally would stay in an onsen there. But thatfs becUse I love onsen. Beware that they might book out quickly as you are traveling during peak koyo season.
- No JRP needed to go from Narita to your hotel. However calculate if all you travel fits in 7/14 days. If it does then you can use it for the Narita express to Tokyo station. Your hotel should be quite close. Alternatively there is a direct and cheap bus to Tokyo station from Narita.
- do your trips to Hakone and Kawaguchiko from Shinjuku. For Hakone the Odakyu rail line pass is recommended if you do the full loop. Kawaguchiko is at least partially covered by the JRP.

Re: 15 days trip to Hakkaido and Tokyo 2023/6/26 13:42
Thank you, LikeBike!
You mentioned - Invert Hakodate and Aomori, whatfs difference from traveling from Tokyo, Sapporo, Hakodate,Aomori and Shinjuku?

I am considering whether the 7 days JRP Hokkaido or South East is better for my holiday,

Is traveling in Sapporo without the JRP convenient?

Is the 14 days JRP more cost effective for my trip?
by CC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 15 days trip to Hakkaido and Tokyo 2023/6/26 14:18
Now you have Sapporo - Aomori - Hakodate, meaning you back track.
Either make that
Tokyo - Aomori - Sapporo - Hakodate - Tokyo
Or
Sapporo - Hakodate - Aomori
Or better even Tokyo - Aomori - Hakodate- Sapporo - Chitose and fly back to Tokyo or home country.

If pass pays off, please do some maths adding up the single tickets.

reply to this thread