Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Welcome Cards on Rural Buses? 2023/6/25 04:01
Does anyone know if Welcome Cards are valid on rural buses? Like Nakasugawa to Magome? or Miyama to Hiyoshi? What about the Loop Bus in Himeji? I don't want to put too much credit on these cards if they are not accepted in rural areas. Thanks!
by Deborah (guest)  

Re: Welcome Cards on Rural Buses? 2023/6/25 10:45
Do you mean Welcome Suica? If yes, it depends. Some accept, some don't. They are NOT accepted on any of the buses that you specifically mentioned.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Welcome Cards on Rural Buses? 2023/6/25 12:05
Thank you, Uji, for this info, which confirms my suspicions. Yes, I meant the Welcome Suica cards, which also are not valid in Kanazawa, nor for the Kawaguchiko buses. Plus, Kyoto has a 2-day bus pass that saves a bit over the regular prices that are charged when using a Welcome Suica card for at least 5 rides a day. At least that's what I figure. But the Welcome Suica card does come with a 1-day metro pass for Tokyo, and it's good for all Matsumoto buses (I think). Please correct me if I'm wrong. Traveling in Japan almost requires a college degree! I plan to buy at least five individual train tickets at the JR Ticket Office at Haneda upon arrival. I don't trust myself to use the ticket machines for so many purchases; I would need an agent right by my side the whole time.
by Deborah (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread