Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Car rental yakushima 2023/7/11 02:21
Hi guys,
We are visiting Yakushima for 3 days entering by domestic flight and then leaving from Anbo port to Tanegashima island. We want to rent 2 cars for 2 families picking up at yakushima airport and returning at Anbo port. However when I visit the car rental sites they seem to be unable to accommodate returning at different location. Can anyone help here?
by Momofish (guest)  

Re: Car rental yakushima 2023/7/11 08:30
Yakushima airport to anbo port in kagoshima prefecture =9 km .you can buy tanegashima-yakushima kotsu bus pass 1 day=2000 yen,3 day= 3000 yen,4 day=4000 yen
by James (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Car rental yakushima 2023/7/11 10:55
Car rental companies in Yakushima are located around Miyanoura port, Yakushima airport or Anbo port. They are small companies so I think non of them have two offices. So you may need to take bus or taxi to the port/airport. In your case you may better rent at Yakushima airport and after returning the car at the airport and then take taxi (about 3000 yen per one taxi) or bus (430 yen per person).

http://yakukan.jp/doc/pdf/kotsu/20230401taneyakubus_timetable_en.pdf

Miyanoura to Anbo by taxi is 5000-6000 yen while the bus fare is 830 yen per person.

Rental car companies around Miyanoura may have shuttle service to/from the airport.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Car rental yakushima 2023/7/12 00:33
According to some websites, some rental car companies in Yakushima offer a gdrop-offh service, though many of them require an extra fee (it depends on where to drop your cars off, around 1,000 to 3,000 yen?) to do that. If you succeed in making a reservation with such a company, you can rent cars near Yakushima Airport and drop them off at Ambo Port, or vice versa. However, the problem is I canft make sure which of those companies are English-friendly. (As far as I checked, many websites are available in Japanese language only)
Instead of that, some companies may have a free or paid pick-up service. In this case, you will have to return the cars near the airport, but they may take you to Ambo for free afterwards (by car, maybe). Or you can ask them to pick you up at the airport first, then go to Ambo directly and rent cars there. But please note that you will have to tell a company which kind of pick-up route you want, and note that some of them are major companies with branches in Yakushima with various kinds of services I mentioned, while the others might not have such services.

Anyway, there is a limited number of rental cars on the island. (The number of taxis is more limited!) They get reserved quickly especially during peak season. When I traveled there slightly before the peak of autumn, almost all cars were already reserved and unavailable two weeks before my arrival (maybe even earlier), so I had to use another car sharing service daily instead (Fortunately just one car was left when I arrived). Therefore, I recommend that you start making inquiries to them as soon as possible once your itinerary is fixed.
by Stip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Car rental yakushima 2023/7/14 01:28
The website of Yakushima Tourism Association introduces some rental car companies in the island. Considering your itinerary, it'll be better to choose one with an office near the airport or at Ambo. Some of them have English translation and an inquiry form. I'm surprised to know these companies have much more number of vehicles than I've imagined.
https://www.yakushimatourism.com/getting-around

Nippon Rent-a-Car and Orix Rent-a-Car are nationwide ones and look reliable, but some other smaller companies also clearly declare that they offer useful services like dropping off cars or dispatching, which I mentioned. You can compare them and see which one will suit your demand most.
by Stip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Car rental yakushima 2023/8/24 02:38
Thanks so much guys with such details! Some of the links are really useful to me.

Ok anyway I have found Yesyakushima and I emailed them directly, and they are able to arrange a 7 sear rental car for us, pick up and drop off at different locations! The cost is \44500 for a Nissan Serena equivalent for 3 days and I think thatfs reasonable. Sharing with you guys back for all the help you rendered here. Cheers!
by Momofish (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread