Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Requesting late check-in? 2023/7/12 01:40
We are taking an overnight flight and arriving early the next day at Haneda airport.
Planning to stay at a Tokyu Stay hotel in Tokyo.
Since we will have been awake for close to 2 days of continuous travel, we want to check in and rest in the hotel on the morning of arrival, which is much earlier than the standard check-in time.
So, I have booked our rooms from the day before, and am willing to pay for the one extra night so we can use the room from the morning of arrival.
However, now I am worried that since I am not there on the day of booking they will just cancel my entire reservation.
I am unsure how I can contact the hotel since I can't speak much Japanese, and also would prefer confirmation or acknowledgement in writing.
Many thanks for any advice.
by TP (guest)  

Re: Requesting late check-in? 2023/7/12 06:22
Dear TP,

I have done a quick research:
The Reception of the Tokyu Stay Hotel speaks Japanese, Chinese ( mandarin) and englisch.

I don't know if you have managed your booking direktly at the Hotel Website or via one of the booking plattforms ( Booking, Agoda, etc).
If you use one of the plattforms, you can contact your Hotel on there site easily.

If you booked your Hotel directly on the Website of the Hotel, I think you should try to write your request there.

I hope this helps a little bit!

Greetings,
Vio
by Vio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Requesting late check-in? 2023/7/12 09:22
I think you can try emailing them or include the request as part of the comments while booking. I'll try requesting for early check-in instead, some hotels offer that for 1,000 yen per hour
by whalesings (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Requesting late check-in? 2023/7/16 22:07
Thanks for the replies.

In the end I contacted the support of the website I booked through, and they emailed the hotel, which then replied to us, so I have a copy of the email from the hotel itself since I was cc'ed into the conversation. The hotel said it was fine, though it would be charged as booked, so I would be paying an extra night. I am fine with that, as I doubt it would have worked out much cheaper even if I found a hotel that charged per hour since we are talking about potentially checking in 8 hours early, and we like this hotel chain, though never stayed at this branch.

I just hope bringing a print-out of that email would be sufficient and they do not cancel my booking by mistake thinking it is a no-show. I have also paid for the entire stay in this hotel in full already, so I really hope that does not happen.
by TP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Requesting late check-in? 2023/7/16 23:49
Hello TP,

Whatever country I travel to, including Japan where I live, I often wait until last minutes (like a week prior to check-in) to send a small inquiry such as what amenities (shampoo, toothbrush etc.) they have in my room, and send them a reminder while at it. Also, hotels and booking sites tend to send last-minute reminders to customers anyway.

In any case, I've never had a problem with dates as long as I have a copy of something that came from the hotel or booking site. I hope you have a great time in Japan!
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Requesting late check-in? 2023/7/17 08:35
I think you will be fine with something from the hotel.

Like Uco I send a request about something trivial a few days before the arrival date-with a reminder of bigger things-just to be sure the key message doesn't get overlooked.

We have the opposite problem, arriving from Australia late at night (say 10pm) after an all day flight and trip in from Narita and I'm always a bit concerned our late checkin might be a problem.

Enjoy your time in Japan!
by Who? (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Requesting late check-in? 2023/7/18 07:45
Often it simply relates to hotel policies. Some treat a failure to check-in by 12 midnight as a no show, others that I have used before it is completely fine, but I always notify the hotel anyway. With your confirmation from the hotel you should be fine.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread