Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Shibuya station construction mess 2023/7/19 14:00
Ifm a fan of Shibuya Excel Hotel at Mark City. Last year when I was there the area was in a mess with many scaffoldings. This November Ifm planning to visit Tokyo again but if Shibuya is still in a mess Ifm considering staying at Hotel Century Southern Tower in Shinjuku instead. Anyone has an update on the construction around Shibuya please?
by Tate (guest)  

Re: Shibuya station construction mess 2023/7/20 10:01
Shibuya station area has always been under construction of some sort. I have never seen Shibuya station that did not have any active construction. I read on a general contractor site that it expects all its projects around Shibuya station to be completed in 2027. That's just one general contractor Tekken.

by ITO (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shibuya station construction mess 2023/7/20 11:18
Thank you and that is so true Ito :-)

Just to narrow down the area, I was referring to the route from the hotel to the JR station. The overhead bridge linking Mark City and the station had all the scaffolding that made the path very narrow and squeezy. Would you know if the work here had been completed?
by Tate (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shibuya station construction mess 2023/7/20 15:19
Yes, it is still a pain to change trains from the Inokashira line (which stops in the Mark city building) and JR. I normally try to avoid it.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Shibuya station construction mess 2023/7/21 07:11
I've walked that confection a few times during spring and it's not bad. However, Shibuya JR station is undergoing a multi-year project and not about to be finished any time soon as others have mentioned. Millions of passengers navigate it all the time without issues (myself included).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Shibuya station construction mess 2023/7/22 13:34
Thanks all for the input. I understand that Shibuya station is always under construction in one area or another in the past, but the route between the hotel and the station was free of scaffoldings before the pandemic.

If the situation remains the same as of last year I guess I want to try out Century Southern Tower in Shinjuku this autumn. The plus points are the hotel is in a much better condition compared to Excel Shibuya; it is also near to Busta Shinjuku with frequent connection to Narita airport. The big minus point is its located at the quiet end of Shinjuku station, I much prefer the eating places by the road in Shibuya, versus those located in shopping malls.
by I am Tate rate this post as useful

reply to this thread