Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Transport Hiroshima to Osaka, 9 days Osaka 2023/7/21 15:30
We are travelling from Hiroshima to Osaka and need to get a bullet train, so I was wondering if I should just buy train tickets as a one-off, or is there another option (seeing as this doesn't appear to fall under the JR Pass, unless I'm reading it wrong?). We are then in Osaka for 9 nights and intend to also go to Himeji, Kobe, Kyoto, and Nara. I was wondering whether the JR Kansai Area Pass or the Kansai Thru Pass is better to get around, or even if there is a better option? I was thinking, if we go to Himeji early in our stay, the JR Kansai Area Pass could be worth it, but then the Kansai Thru Pass might be better after that (as in 4 days of one pass, and 4 or 5 of another). Basically, we would also like any tourist passes that allow us to see as many sites as possible or allow for discount entry into sites - maybe transport is also covered? I am so confused! Can anyone recommend what we should do? This is our first trip to Japan, and I am a bit clueless (apologies). Thanks
by TravelBugOz (guest)  

Re: Transport Hiroshima to Osaka, 9 days Osaka 2023/7/21 20:48
JR Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass (15000 yen overseas, 15800 yen online) would be a good deal.

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/kansai_hiroshima/

Hiroshima to Shin-Osaka costs about 13000 yen, and if you go to Himeji by shinkansen it costs 3000 yen one way. Note that you can go to Kyoto with this pass, but can't ride on the Shinkansen (Shinkansen east of Sin-Osaka is owned by JR-Central so JR-West can't allow you to ride on it).
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread