Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kyoto 2-Day Bus/Subway Pass 2023/7/23 05:24
Does Kyoto's 2-Day bus/subway pass still exist? It was formerly listed at 1,700 yen, then 2,000 yen, but now I can't find mention of it anywhere. Anyone have an update on this? Thanks.
by Deborah (guest)  

Re: Kyoto 2-Day Bus/Subway Pass 2023/7/23 05:38
The 2-day pass was discontinued last year.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto 2-Day Bus/Subway Pass 2023/7/23 07:17
Thank you, Uji. You are a wealth of information. Saves me a LOT of searching.
by Deborah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto 2-Day Bus/Subway Pass 2023/7/23 15:26
You can buy kyoto bus and city bus 1 day pass= 700 yen, 1 ride=230 yen
Kyoto subway 1 day pass=800 yen
Kyoto bus and subway 1 day=1100 yen
Bus+subway 2 non consecutive pass =2200y
by Johan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto 2-Day Bus/Subway Pass 2023/7/24 03:54
Thanks also! It's hard to know how many trips we'll take each day in Kyoto; just using the Welcome Suica card would be so much easier. My frugal nature, however, keeps bugging me.

Re: Kyoto 2-Day Bus/Subway Pass 2023/7/24 05:03
Kyoto city operates only 2 subway lines (there are other trains, like JR and Hankyu) and they don't go to the most popular tourist destinations (like Golden Temple, Kiyomizu Temple, Fushimi Shrine), so you end up riding buses a lot. So, the chances are you will ride buses more. If you know all the places you want to visit it would be easy to decide which pass suits you. You can buy these passes anytime on vending machines on the day of travel, so you don't need to fret now. You can decide when you get there.

by ITO (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto 2-Day Bus/Subway Pass 2023/7/24 08:42
Just be aware that Kyoto buses are crowded and a bit slow. You may not be able to get on the first one that arrives, so build in time to wait for another one.
I avoid buses in Kyoto because they are so unpleasant and the idea of trying to save a few dollars with a pass with four or more bus trips in a day - no thanks.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto 2-Day Bus/Subway Pass 2023/7/24 10:51
Kyoto city decided to discontinue the bus pass after 1st Oct.

https://www2.city.kyoto.lg.jp/kotsu/webguide/en/ticket/regular_1day_ca...

This is because of the congestion of the bus due to the tourism.

Below is the recommended route for several tourist spots.

https://www2.city.kyoto.lg.jp/tokei/trafficpolicy/network/kyo-nori/men...

The general rules are:

1. Avoid bus if possible, especially in the center of the city (JR Kyoto station and the north-east area including Kiyomizudera, Gion, and as far as Ginkakuji). Don't think you can get on the bus from very crowded area (Higashiyama district including Kiyomizudera and Ginkakuji) in the afternoon.

2. Walk if you can. Beside the specific place (around Kiyomizudera), you can walk freely.

3. Take trains and Metoros. JR line to Arashiyama, Inari and Tofukuji. Keihan line from Tofukuji to Kiyomizu Gojo and Deemachiyanagi. Metro line. Hankyu line to Arashiyama. Randen line to Arashiyama.

4. Get up early so you can even take bus. The bus will not get many people until the opening time of the temples.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto 2-Day Bus/Subway Pass 2023/7/25 02:19
Extremely helpful. Thank you!

reply to this thread