Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Alpine tourist pass 2023/7/23 05:27
On all websites I read : "Unlimited rides on JR local and limited express trains along the route as well as all transportations of the Alpine Route!". If I break that sentence apart from a western point of view I read 2 seperate things. 1: unlimited rides on JR. And 2: you can also use every ride on the alpine route. Once. It is not stated the usage of" all transportation on the alpine route" is unlimited.

So when we want to go from Tateyama to Murodo and back, I have to pay the return ride seperately?

Yes. I am very scared to fall in all kind of traps, we have 6 weeks vacation and I don't mind some unexpected costs, but I don't want extra costs" every other day"...
by novwnl  

Re: Alpine tourist pass 2023/7/23 08:05
Way simpler put, if I wanted to, could I ride the cable car 5 times?
by novwnl rate this post as useful

Re: Alpine tourist pass 2023/7/23 08:36
Way simpler put, if I wanted to, could I ride the cable car 5 times?

Yes. Actually when you take the cable car from Tateyama, you will show your pass and get this kind of ticket.

https://www.fuk-traveler.com/ride-note/kurobedam-alpine-toyama/

It says Tateyama station (free) Ogizawa meaning you can ride as much as possible between the two places. I did it several yeas ago (one round trip from Dentetsu Toyama to Murodo (via Tateyama) and then one through trip from Dentetsu Toyama to Ogizawa and then to Omachi. I remember I got the above ticket at Dentetsu Toyama station when I first went there.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Alpine tourist pass 2023/7/28 01:06
@frog1954 : thank you sooo much for that website! I can't stop reading! LOVE IT!
by novwnl rate this post as useful

reply to this thread