Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

E-sim hotspot 2023/7/25 20:59
This question is for this who have experience with E-sim on android (!) and have used their android phone as hotspot.

Simple : can I buy an E-sim, use it in an android phone and than turn on the Hotspot function so our second phone can use the Hotspot to use the data in the E-sim?

Some people say we can do this, other people say we can't. Hotspot is for sharing internet. It is provided by my operation system (android). Can, or will, an E-sim block an android function?
by novwnl  

Re: E-sim hotspot 2023/7/26 02:59
Read the fine print of the eSIM you want to purchase. I got one recently for Europe and hit spot was not a permitted feature.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: E-sim hotspot 2023/7/26 09:19
"not permitted" is something else than "not possible" 😉
by novwnl rate this post as useful

Re: E-sim hotspot 2023/7/26 10:02
It's the same thing.

If you make stupid sarcastic remakes towards responders. No one will want to help you further.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: E-sim hotspot 2023/7/26 15:42
Sorry, meant gnot possibleh in my case.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: E-sim hotspot 2023/7/26 17:22
It depends on the provider, I suppose. I could do it with an e-sim from "Maya mobile" in Singapore. Didn't try in Japan (only used physical SIM cards so far), but it should work as well.
by Mellye (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: E-sim hotspot 2023/7/27 09:32
Quote H: It's the same thing.

If you make stupid sarcastic remakes towards responders. No one will want to help you further.
--
Wha? Driving over the speed limit is not allowed, yet still possible. Nothing sarcastic when saying "not allowed differs from not possible". I don't mean to offend people, I simply state there are sometimes ways around rules.
by novwnl rate this post as useful

Re: E-sim hotspot 2023/11/28 05:02
It actually depends on the eSIM provider and its partnering local carriers.

Take Airalo as an example, hotspot sharing is blocked on most plans; while for Holafly, you cannot use hotspot sharing with unlimited data plans. As for Textr eSIM, no such restriction is imposed, you can use this feature with all data plans.

Best to check with the eSIM provider first before you purchase if you are planning to use your phone as a hotspot to make sure.
by LoLoT (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: E-sim hotspot 2024/2/1 16:59
by Xtrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread