Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kamikochi - Takayama - Shirkawa go 2023/7/27 19:02
Hi I have discussed this trip earlier in this forum. Based on your inputs, I am finalising the trip now. I find travelling from Kamikochi to Takayama by bus is fine, but Takayama - Shirkawa go ( and later to Kanazawa) requires reservation . When I try to book from Nohi site, they say telephonic reservation only ( Japanese) . ( At the same time, when I check the timetable, there are many non-reserved bus also.) Some blog also advises not to go without reservation. A bit confused.. much as we would like to see Shirkawa go, do not want to take too much of a chance as the place seems remote.
Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance
by Biswadip (guest)  

Re: Kamikochi - Takayama - Shirkawa go 2023/7/28 11:24
Hi again!

I remember you will travel in mid October. The bus reservation starts 1 month ahead so you can't do your reservation now. Wait until 30 days before your trip. You will easily reserve your seats. As I wrote before, the bus rides for Kamikochi-Hirayu-Takayama-Shirakawago-Kanazawa trip are quite straightforward and many other tourists will take the same route. You may better take a printed sheet of paper "Kamikochi-Hirayu-Takayama-Shirakawago-Kanazawa". You don't need to speak Japanese, but please avoid speaking English.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread