Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Second time visiting Japan, general questions 2023/8/14 06:12
Hello,

I have been looking for some "clear" answers on the Tourist Visa duration in Japan but it's somewhat difficult to find information on my following situation.

Long story short, my first trip to Japan was in May this year. Total of 78 days.
Then I went to Norway for 2 weeks and now I'm planning to return to Japan for another 85 days in early September. Purpose of visit is spending time with friends, girlfriend, exploring different prefectures, visiting Hokkaido etc.

I read something about foreigners being allowed only up to 180 days in Japan in 12 month period.

Q: Is there a high probability that I will be allowed to stay 85 days in Japan even tho I already spent 78 days just 40 days ago?
by newbieTraveler (guest)  

Re: Second time visiting Japan, general questions 2023/8/15 10:20
No issues
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Second time visiting Japan, general questions 2023/8/15 10:45
Assuming you are from a country with visa waiver and stay of 90 days you can return to Japan and stay again up to 90 days. No issues AT ALL.

I (and many other people) did that in the past. I was for a few years every year about 4-5 months in Japan broken down in 3 trips. In my case it was for business trip, but visa is still the same.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread