Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Late night (22:30) arrival at Haneda 2023/8/16 20:43
Hi all I'm just doing a sanity check on my options for my first couple of days after arrival. I have booked a hotel in Ikebukuro with free cancellation but I am now unsure I would be able to get there as my flight arrives late. I am expecting that I could get the last monorail at 23:44 or the last Keikyu train at 23:50. My worry is the connection at Shinagawa. Some places I look show the last Yamanote line train leaving two minutes before I would get to Shinagawa at about 0:04 & other places show trains for an hour afterwards. Which is correct? Would I be better off changing my hotel to one nearer either Shinagawa or Hamamatsucho stations?
by Stan Norrell  

Re: Late night (22:30) arrival at Haneda 2023/8/17 11:06
The last Yamanote train from Shinagawa to Ikebukuro is at 12:25am on a weekday. I am not sure however that you will make it. Assuming you are an international arrival, be warned that immigration and customs at HND are taking a long time for tourist entries at the moment due to lack of reemployment after Covid , so you can expect an hour before you are through to the arrivals lobby. If you do make it it will be tight for the last Keikyu, especially if you don't know your way around and have to get a ticket. I recommend a hotel near Haneda with a courtesy pick up service from the terminal as an alternative, much less hassle. FYI I am 30-year resident in Tokyo working in tourism research.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late night (22:30) arrival at Haneda 2023/8/17 17:55
You can stay 2650 yen per night in kaikatsu club nearest to haneda airport. I also suggest you anshin oyado hotel in shinjuku, Tokyo
by Sumi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late night (22:30) arrival at Haneda 2023/8/17 20:33
Thank you @David I'll take your advice. Much better to have a definite plan rather than spend the whole flight worrying about making the last train.

@Sumi Thank you but I'm 61 & my days of capsule hotels & net cafe's are behind me.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread