Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Expired Zairyu card and re-entry permit 2023/8/22 13:07
We left Japan in 2017. And cant come back before the expiry of the re-entry (Oct) and Zairyu (Dec). We paid all taxes before departure and into the pension for the 13 years in Japan. No re-entry extension granted. At this point we have to give it up, we got our Irish passports so we can come to Japan as visitors when we are able to do so without restrictions. 1- How do we get pension paid back to us? (I know it will be a certain number of years paid back and not all)
2- Do we have to return the Zairyu card shortly before expiry to show we are giving up the PR? If yes, where do we send to, as we are out of Japan. We left since 2017
3- Do we also have to give up My number? We have only slips, as the card wasn't in print before we left
4- Our 401k was also moved to the pension after 6 months of no contribution from the last employer, since we left Japan. How will we get that back if possible?
5- Can we also do the lump sum or we cannot?
Any advise will be helpful at this time. Thank you so much in advance for your
by Cashogi (guest)  

Re: Expired Zairyu card and re-entry permit 2023/8/22 14:20
You need to either contact immigration or a lawyer. People on this forum aren't going to have the legal knowledge to tell you how to get things like that from the government. Good luck with everything my friend.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Expired Zairyu card and re-entry permit 2023/8/22 14:27
Thanks, Tom. is there a number you can offer to reach Immigration, english line, that is? most appreciated.
by Cashogi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Expired Zairyu card and re-entry permit 2023/8/22 14:47
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Expired Zairyu card and re-entry permit 2023/8/22 15:38
"we got our Irish passports"
if it means you have a new nationality, your case is too complicated, because you change the nationality.

about immigration,
I believe that your PR is still active, although you can't enter Japan, because your Zairyu card is now expired. keep all evidences. at immigration office, you take paperwork, show the evidence that you changed the nationality to Ireland. you will get a new card. you may need to show many evidences.

about pension, it is still active as a person of the previous nationality. since you already paid more than 10 years. you can get the pension when you become 65 years old, again as the previous nationality person.
you need to correct the record, preferably as soon as possible. probably, you can take paperwork at ”N‹ΰŽ––±Š. but, I am sure they can't speak English. you can hire ŽΠ‰ο•ΫŒ―˜J–±Žm, a professional.

about my number,
it is necessary to receive your pension etc.. don't throw away.
we don't know how they treat it, whether they give a new number or change the record with the same number.

about 401K,
it should be active. you need to report your nationality change.
however, I am not familiar about this scheme, because it is relatively new. you may ask it to ŽΠ‰ο•ΫŒ―˜J–±Žm.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Expired Zairyu card and re-entry permit 2023/8/22 22:36
Thank you Ken. Thank you also @..guest for your help. You have been really helpful.

To further explain, the reason I said we have Irish passports is to say we can come to visit Japan when we are able to without visa as it is exempt. We donft want to change our nationality from Ghanaian with the Japanese re-entry and Zairyu we always had. We will keep all documents as Ghanaians with our Zairyu and re-entry permit in our Ghana passport. We are not changing that at all. Sorry if I did not make that clear and thank you for pointing that out.

About pension – yes, we are using the Ghanaian nationality for that. We are not changing. So we have to wait till 65? We donft want to change the record from the Ghanaian pasport.

About my number – okay, we will keep the slip with us. We have it in the Ghanaian nationality.

About 401k- we are not changing nationality for this too. I will also look around for a professional.

Thank you again for your advice.
by Cashogi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread