Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Buy Train Tickets Online 2023/9/9 12:06
Trying to buy train tickets online, but unsuccessful so far. Got all the way to the payment page and entered my credit card number, but got an error message. I don't know what 'half-width' numbers are. So maybe that's why the transaction didn't go through. Anyone else have this problem?
by Deborah (guest)  

Re: Buy Train Tickets Online 2023/9/9 15:41
Be good if you told us what train tickets and what website you are trying to use.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buy Train Tickets Online 2023/9/10 03:51
I was using the JR West website for tickets from Otsuki to Matsumoto. Today I was finally successful by using a different credit card. Thank goodness, because I have several more train trips planned. The actual tickets must be redeemed at a Green Ticket Machine in Tokyo, because they're not redeemable in Otsuki. Tickets from Kawaguchiko to Otsuki are not available online and must be purchased at the Kawaguchiko station. Would be nice if all the train companies in Japan were coordinated into one website. I guess the 'half-width' characters weren't the problem after all. Many thanks for your reply.
by Deborah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buy Train Tickets Online 2023/9/10 07:33
Tickets from Kawaguchiko to Otsuki is not a JR train so you cannot buy them from JR.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread