Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Two weeks in Late November 2023 2023/9/12 16:34
Hello! Planing my fourth trip to Japan, already been to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Okunoshima, Itsukushima. Now i want to explore Nagano and Kanazawa, with Shirakawa-go village. Noted an itinerary, any tips on that? May be some nice places to visit in Kanazawa / Nagano? Also, about JR, it's valid for full 7 days or from the time? Ex: i've started at 6am and at 6am it would be valid? Thanks!

Tokyo (3 days)
- Day 1: Arrive at Tokyo 12:35, Hotel Check-in, Free time
- Day 2: Fish Market, Free time
- Day 3: TeamLAB, Night Go-Kart
Nagano (2 days)
- Day 4: Early Check-out, JR Pass Activation, JR Hokuriku-Shinkansen to Nagano (1:20), Matsumoto Castle (1:20)
- Day 5: Jigokudani Snow Monkey (1:30)
Kanazawa (2 days)
- Day 6: Early Check-out, JR Hokuriku-Shinkansen to Kanazawa (1:10), Bus to Shirakawa-gō (1:50)
- Day 7: Nishi Chaya, Naga-machi, Kenrokuen Garden, Kanazawa Castle
Osaka (3 days)
- Day 8: Early Check-out, JR Thunderbird to Osaka (2:33), Free time
- Day 9: Free time
Tokyo (3 days)
- Day 10: Early Check-out, JR Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen (2:30), Tokyo Photography Museum, Akihabara, Free time
- Day 11: Shopping Day
- Day 12: Check-out, Airport, Departure at 16:25
by denisyan  

Re: Two weeks in Late November 2023 2023/9/13 15:35
Passes are valid for full days (from day D to D+6).

About your itinerary: if there's nothing specific you want to do in Osaka, you could skip it, buy a Hokuriku arch pass instead, and travel slower. The pass actually covers Osaka as well, although it's less convenient than taking the Tokaido line.

For Shirakawago, I have been there mid-november and it was awfully cold. The nice part was that, although there were loads of tour buses, most of the tourists stayed in the souvenir shops instead of visiting the non heated house, and the streets were mostly empty as well.

Matsumoto : 1h20 inside the castle is plenty of time (too much, really). But add in 1 or 2 more hours to stroll around the city.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

reply to this thread