Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Tsurumi station in yokohama daily from Tokyo 2023/9/20 18:56
Hi,
I will attend a course for 10 days which is close to the Tsurumi-Ono station on the Tsurumi line in Yokohama.

However I wish to stay in Tokyo and commute daily to the course. I would prefer to stay in Shibuya, Shinjuku, Roppongi/Akasaka or maybe even Ebisu.

Is there a neighborhood you would recommend where I can somewhat easily connect to the Tsurumi line in Yokohama. I realize the commute may be a bit long but hoping for an option with a bit fewer transfers an preferably not over 1.5hrs in rush hour.

Cheers
by Hakan (guest)  

Re: Tsurumi station in yokohama daily from Tokyo 2023/9/21 08:19
Well, the Tsurumi line starts from Tsurumi station and that is served mainly by the Keihin-Tōhoku line so you would be transferring at Shinagawa and the commute would not be very quick. From Shibuya/Shinjuku you could travel to Kikuna and then get the local bus that connects to Tsurumi.
There is also the Keikyū Tsurumi Station (across the street from the JR station, but again, from somewhere like Shibuya you would be making a number of transfers (for instance at Keikyu Kamata).
All of the areas listed in the OP would require (most efficiently) travelling the Yamanote line to the Keihan-Tohoku line and then the transfer at Tsurumi.
(And there are a few cool things at Tsurumi - depends on interest.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Tsurumi station in yokohama daily from Tokyo 2023/9/21 22:51
Hakan,

What do you seek in the area you stay? Is it nightlife? Dancing? Are you seeing specific friends?

For example, if you're just seeking an area where convenience stores and bars are opened until late, there just are too many along the JR Keihin-Tohoku Line.

From the JR Keihin-Tohoku Line, all you have to do is to get off at Tsurumi Station, climb the escalator one time, and the Tsurumi Line ticket gate is right in front of you. For example, from Shinagawa Station in Tokyo to Tsurumi-Ono it's less than 30 minutes, station to station.

Perhaps you can stay along the JR Keihin-Tohoku Line, and once you come back from your daily courses, you can travel to the place you named for your nightlife. For example, Tamachi Station is not far from all those places. You can miss your last train and still fetch a taxi back, or even walk since it's about 4km or so.

And if it's just bars and foreign communities you need, there are plenty in Yokohama, too.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Tsurumi station in yokohama daily from Tokyo 2023/9/27 11:01
The inner ticket gate of Tsurumi Station was removed last year.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Tsurumi station in yokohama daily from Tokyo 2023/9/27 12:29
Omotenashi-san, you're right! I've been passing the area almost every week and didn't even notice it! Apologies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbuRMRoGxs8
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread