Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Hakone and Mount Fuji 2023/9/21 23:53
I arrived early morning on 29-Oct-2023 at Haneda Airport and depart on early morning 06-Nov-2023.
Is it better to travel first to Hakone to spend 2 nites and then head to tour around Mount Fuji for 4 nites and then return to Tokyo for 2 nites.
Please advise. Thank you
by Nicole Ho (guest)  

Re: Hakone and Mount Fuji 2023/9/22 06:44
I don't think it really matters how you do it. Small time frames and close location. Do whatever works out the cheapest hotel wise.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone and Mount Fuji 2023/9/22 07:59
4nights around Mt Fuji seems to be a loooong time. Unless you have some specific activity planned there (Eg a lot of hiking, skiing).

I would probably start with Hakone as I think itfs a bit easier to reach from Haneda than Fujigoko and Ifd prefer to be at my destination early after a long flight. However no hotel will let you in before 15:00.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone and Mount Fuji 2023/9/22 11:45
I concur - 4 nights seems way too much. There is more than a day's worth of places at each, but no need for such a long time around the Fuji 5 Lakes. The Tokyo area has loads of other day trip possibilities like Nikko, Kamakura, Kawagoe, Nokogiriyama, Takao, Yokohama, Karuizawa, and many others.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread