Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Visit Japan Web submission 2023/9/26 03:11
Hey, hoping that someone could help me with this question about the Visit Japan Web app.

I want to fill out my information and get the QR codes sorted and printed.
I know that there is a limit on how late you can leave, filling out the forms, before flying to Japan. But I couldn't find much information on whether you can fill it out too early, too?

I will be flying to Japan on the 12th November. Will it be okay if I fill out all my information now (25th September)?

Thank you for your assistance.
by Kay (guest)  

Re: Visit Japan Web submission 2023/9/26 14:02
It seems that there are no limits. You can fill it out as early or as late as you wish (even at the airport just before passing immigration/customs). However, if you don't log in for 1.5 years, your data will be deleted.

If you want to print it out, then the deadline is whenever you have your last access to a printer.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Japan Web submission 2023/9/26 14:40
Is this even needed anymore? I thought that good old paper slip upon arrival is good enough again
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Japan Web submission 2023/9/26 16:32
I went to Japan last August and did not register in advance. I just used to good old paper forms they gave in the plane. All went very fast at the airport. So don't bother registering in advance !
by Vienna Logan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Japan Web submission 2023/9/26 21:06
I am travelling on Oct 31st and have already filled out my details on Visit Japan Web so you could definitely do it now for your trip.

As others have said it is not longer necessary to use this as the paper slips are being accepted again but they are pushing it as a way to speed up your progress through arrivals
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Japan Web submission 2023/9/26 21:47
Thank you everyone for all your responses. They have been very helpful to me.

I know that filling out the online forms and getting the qr codes are no longer mandatory for entering Japan. Though I've heard from a few sources that having the qr codes could make the entire immigration process much quicker.
Also, being able to fill out the forms before my travel and not before the end of a 14 hour flight from London, sounds very appealing to me.
by Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Japan Web submission 2023/9/27 07:33
When I entered Narita most recently (in late July 2023), there were huge lines for customs if you had a paper slip, and no waiting time, whatsoever, if you had a QR code. Probably saved me around 5-10 minutes.

I myself will certainly use Visit Japan Web for customs in the future, as well.

Re: Visit Japan Web submission 2023/9/27 07:36
As others have said it is not longer necessary to use this

It has never been mandatory to use Visit Japan Web or its predecessor!

reply to this thread