Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Rail pass in Kyoto region 2023/9/27 10:45
Yet another rail pass question. Over the course of 4 days I will travel:
* from Nagoya to Kyoto
* Kyoto to Kurama and back (for the fire festival)
* from Kyoto to Tokushima

My initial research shows there is no good pass to cover this but can anyone state otherwise?

Thanks in advance!
by eac  

Re: Rail pass in Kyoto region 2023/9/27 12:58
Few years ago,i bought arukumachi kyoto rail pass 1 day=1300 yen,i strongly recommend this.beside JR kansai 1 day pass ,valid kyoto
Also surutto kansai pass is helpful to travel
by Jinnah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rail pass in Kyoto region 2023/9/27 15:58
* from Nagoya to Kyoto
* Kyoto to Kurama and back (for the fire festival)
* from Kyoto to Tokushima

Probably you will take Shinkansen from Nagoya to Kyoto. The only pass which covers this section is (nation wide) Japan Rail pass, which is way too much more expensive than the normal ticket.

From JR's Kyoto station to Kurama, the most convenient way is, 1. to take JR line to Tofukuji, 2. transfer to Keihan line to Demachiyanagi and then 3. transfer to Keifuku line to Kurama. As for arukumachi kyoto rail pass 1 day, I can't find recent update information. Even without this pass, you can take the above itinerary with ona IC card (SUICA or ICOCA etc., that is). There is another option which is 1. Subway to Kokusaikaikan and bus to Kurama. This seems to be simpler, but actually taking bus in unfamiliar place might be somewhat difficult.

From Kyoto to Tokushima, the cheapest and fastest way is to take bus from Osaka to Tokushima.

https://japanbusonline.com/en/AreaSearch2/5261009/7362018/20231023
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Rail pass in Kyoto region 2023/9/28 01:26
If you mean all 3 legs you mention, the short answer is no.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread