Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Should I buy a 3day Northern Kyushu JR pass 2023/9/29 13:22
Ifm traveling in early December and will be self drive. Will be returning the car in Nagasaki and then from there, need to travel back to Hakata to stay for 2 nights. The Northern Kyushu JR pass will cover the cost of train travel from Nagasaki to Hakata. For the next 2 days in Hakata, will the Pass cover train trips within Hakata and to the Fukuoka Airport? I checked the train tickets price from Nagasaki to Hakata now is about JPY6000 per pax but am afraid in December the price will increase. The 3day pass is JPY10000 per pax till today. Hope I can get some advice. Thank you
by Cheng LS (guest)  

Re: Should I buy a 3day Northern Kyushu JR pass 2023/9/29 17:27
Travel within Fukuoka and to the airport if covered or not by the pass will not pay off the 4000 Yen youfd need to use.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Should I buy a 3day Northern Kyushu JR pass 2023/9/29 18:08
Airport line is the subway. No covered.

Doubt a the pass would pay off.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I buy a 3day Northern Kyushu JR pass 2023/9/30 00:48
You can buy SunQ bus pass northern kyushu area 3 Day =9000 yen ,cover nagasaki, hakat a, fukuoka airport.This travel will give you Life long memories,so dont hesitate tospend yen money on rail/bus pass or sightseeing cost
by Joha (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I buy a 3day Northern Kyushu JR pass 2023/9/30 02:52
Most travel within Fukuoka is covered by the subway and Nishitetsu buses. The JR Pass would not cover those. A 1 or 2 day subway pass though might be worth it. You could use JR to go see the Nanzoin Temple, which is one of the finest (and still largely unknown) places on Kyushu - but the fare does not amount to that much anyway. Just going one way from Nagasaki to Hakata leaves you quite a ways from making the rail pass pay off. Just a regular ticket would be better, unless you have a lot of other travel to make up the difference.
Nishitetsu trains cover the way better to many other nearby places like Dazaifu and Yanagawa. The other main issue is that many rental agencies have expensive drop off charges if not returning the car to the same place you got it. Going by car is very advantageous to see a lot of places that trains and buses don't go conveniently, but you should look into the related costs more.
https://goo.gl/Q843Bg
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread