Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

School Studying Style in Japan 2023/10/10 03:16
Hi,

I will be moving to Japan for studying at school and others.
In Canada, for assignments we use Powerpoint, presenting, assignments mostly pdf or paper we fill, essays, (Microsoft 365 apps) etc...

I want to know how different studying style is in Japanese High School.

Do Japanese schools allow use of PowerPoint or Microsoft Apps?
How are tasks done, examples of assignments and work, group works, etc...

Thank you.
by sss244 (guest)  

Re: School Studying Style in Japan 2023/10/10 09:16
Is this thread yours? Your background sounds so similar to hers

https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+178245
by /// (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: School Studying Style in Japan 2023/10/10 09:26
Just curious are you by any chance 'mina22watanabe'
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: School Studying Style in Japan 2023/10/10 16:32
at senior high school,
sit your seat in classroom. listen to teacher's lectures. take regular examinations (probably 5 times per year). usually 3 semesters per year. you get your school report card three times per year. (usually, they use one card for all 3 years. you receive it at the end of semester and bring it back at the beginning of new semester with recognition INKAN by your parent.) after 3 years, you will have a whole set of your school reports in one card (document).
teachers may use powerpoint for their lectures. still it is common to use black board (actually, it is not black, it is green.)

finally, real life in senior high school is exactly the same to the youtube videos you can see and many animes spread over worldwide.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: School Studying Style in Japan 2023/10/10 23:25
Thank you for your useful comment @ken.

Also, no I am a different user lol
by sss244 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: School Studying Style in Japan 2023/10/11 00:47
finally, real life in senior high school is exactly the same to the youtube videos you can see and many animes spread over worldwide.

I don't agree with this part entirely, because some animes may unintentionally create misunderstandings among some foreign teenagers who are into anime culture.
In other web forums or such kind of websites, I have encountered people (they seem to be teenagers) who insist that in Japan, it must be easy for teenagers to live alone, rent an apartment, and support themselves through part-time jobs because various anime often describe the lifestyles of teenage characters in such situations. Of course this idea is wrong and incredibly ridiculous. Just like in many other countries, in Japan, it's very rare and quite unrealistic for teenagers to live under such circumstances without support.
While adults can easily discern this because everyone knows most animes are based on a fictional story and don't fully reflect the culture and society, some (though not all) young anime fans are too naive to incredibly believe that as long as they move to Japan they also can lead their lives like anime characters, especially like the characters who go to school.
I hope that more and more young people of this kind come to realize that what is legally unrealistic in their own country is often unrealistic in Japan as well.

Sorry for getting off-topic!
by Stip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: School Studying Style in Japan 2023/10/11 07:59
I do not watch anime, so I have a normal image.
by sss244 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: School Studying Style in Japan 2023/10/11 10:41
what I am saying is that "life in senior high school", not "private life of senior high school students".
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread