Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Will Nov 2/3 be too late for koyo at Okunikko 2023/10/19 03:15
Hello,

I'm planning to be in Nikko on November 2nd and 3rd as part of a larger Japan trip this November. I had read that the peak colors for Nikko this year would be the last week of October and first week of November, but the fall color report on this site is making me think I'll be there too late for peak colors. Is it likely that November 2/3 will be too late for peak colors at Okunikko this year?

Thanks for any information!
by PBP (guest)  

Re: Will Nov 2/3 be too late for koyo at Okunikko 2023/10/19 06:57
You are likely going to encounter still quite a bit of colors in the Okunikko region in early November this year. And the Irohazaka should be at its peak. Some of the earlier spots will be beyond peak.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Will Nov 2/3 be too late for koyo at Okunikko 2023/10/19 07:00
Thanks for the information! Do you know if there has been any prediction about where in Okunikko would be best around that time? Or would most areas up there still have some at that time?

Thanks again!
by PBP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will Nov 2/3 be too late for koyo at Okunikko 2023/10/19 07:06
Do you know if there has been any prediction about where in Okunikko would be best around that time?

My guess is that the Irohazaka will be a highlight. Around the Chuzenjiko lake there may still be some colors (but not at Ryuzu Falls). I would not be surprised if some seasonal colors would still survive around the Senjogahara Marshland, but not sure.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Will Nov 2/3 be too late for koyo at Okunikko 2023/10/19 08:11
I had this article suggested in my news feed this morning. Might provide some more information.
https://www.japan-guide.com/blog/koyo23/231017_nikko.html
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Will Nov 2/3 be too late for koyo at Okunikko 2023/10/19 08:25
Thanks for the information!

Since the colors will be best around Irohazaka, is there a way I can get there on public transit? I don't know of any bus stops along that part of the road into Okunikko.
by PBP (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread