Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Bessho Onsen train questions 2023/10/19 06:14
Hello. I have a few questions about taking the Uedadentetsu Bessho line from Ueda to Bessho Onsen, if anyone has been and can help me.
Does the train have a restroom on it?
Does it stop at each of the 15 places listed on this website? It's hard to imagine that it does stop at these places if it's only a 30-ish minutes train ride. www.uedadentetsu.com/english/
(I have a person with accessibility issues in my traveling party, so these things would be helpful to know.)
Also, how often, approximately, does it leave from Ueda?--The timetable on the website is in Japanese.
Thanks for any help!
-Maddy
by MadonnaEv  

Re: Bessho Onsen train questions 2023/10/19 07:03
Does the train have a restroom on it?

I am pretty sure that it does not, but I could not confirm 100%.

Does it stop at each of the 15 places listed on this website? It's hard to imagine that it does stop at these places if it's only a 30-ish minutes train ride.

Yes, all trains stop at all stations.

Also, how often, approximately, does it leave from Ueda?

1-2 times per hour:
https://world.jorudan.co.jp/mln/en/?sub_lang=nosub
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Bessho Onsen train questions 2023/10/19 07:33
Does it stop at each of the 15 places listed on this website? It's hard to imagine that it does stop at these places if it's only a 30-ish minutes train ride.

—> itfs only a 10 km ride. So 30 min is actually pretty slow.

Regarding toilet it doesnft seem so. But there should be one at Ueda station.
https://youtu.be/NOyncUlK7Co?si=2oMiB3uobBo8JxxA
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Bessho Onsen train questions 2023/10/19 07:40
Hi, it has been a few years since we went on that run, but yes it stops a lot, but the total distance is only 12km so essentially it isnt going very far or long at all between stops (from memory there is one section where it goes for a few minutes without a stop).

If it doesnt have toilets (I didnt notice) then you could always hop off at a station and get back on the next train, though some of those regional stations might not have toilets I suppose, so maybe check that before you do. Just looking online, Shimonogo station which is about half way has a toilet.

Bessho onsen station is really nice, when we were there I think in May the cherry blossom tree there was in full bloom.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bessho Onsen train questions 2023/10/19 07:42
Thanks for the help.
I'm also wondering--is this the best way to get from Ueda to Bessho Onsen? We will be coming from Karuizawa.
by MadonnaEv rate this post as useful

Re: Bessho Onsen train questions 2023/10/19 09:37
From Ueda to Bessho Onsen? The local train. From Karuizawa, I would go shinkansen to Ueda and then local train to Bessho Onsen. From memory Karuizawa to Ueda is only about 10 minutes or so.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bessho Onsen train questions 2023/10/22 03:09
Thank you all for your help!
by MadonnaEv rate this post as useful

reply to this thread