Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

JR tickets 2023/10/19 23:03
I will be arriving on 4 November at Narita Airport. I will be staying at Hotel MYSTAYS Nishi Shinjuku. The address of hotel is 7-14-14 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0023.

Is there just one train line to the hotel? Which stop should I stop at? Am I able to buy connecting Narita-Tokyo-Osaka train ticket or I need to buy individual tickets?

I look forward to your reply. Thank you.
by Chang Mei Hwa (guest)  

Re: JR tickets 2023/10/20 08:31
That hotel is about 500 meters from Shinjuku station. Nishishinjuku Station is a subway line and not much closer. You can get JR trains to Shinjuku or the Skyliner to Nippori and then the Yamanote line to Shinjuku
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: JR tickets 2023/10/20 08:43
Narita express train which goes direct (no transfer) to Shinjuku

https://www.jreast.co.jp/multi/en/nex/

If you go to Osaka within 6 days, you can use basefare ticket from Narita airport to Osaka.

https://global.jr-central.co.jp/en/tickets/type/period.html

But note that you must pay express fare tickets for Narita express and Shinkansen (from Shinagawa to Shin-Osaka). Your base fare ticket to Osaka is not valid for your travel within Tokyo area (for Narita airport to Shinjuku and Shinjuku to Shinagawa it is valid of course). Honestly I don't recommend to buy the "through" ticket to Osaka since it is somewhat complex for the first timer.

by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: JR tickets 2023/10/20 08:53
Hi! I'll be providing some options on how to get from Narita Airport to your hotel, and from your hotel to Osaka.

There are several stations around your hotel, namely Shinjuku (新宿), Shinjuku Nishiguchi (新宿西口), and Seibu Shinjuku (西武新宿) Stations, serving several different lines operated by various operators including JR East, Tokyo Metro, Odakyu Railway, and Seibu Railway.

To get to your hotel, you can take:
1. Keisei Skyliner from Narita Airport to Nippori, then Yamanote Line from Nippori to Shinjuku
2. Keisei Narita Sky Access from Narita Airport to Kuramae, then Oedo Line from Kuramae to Shinjuku Nishiguchi
3. Airport Limousine Bus from Narita Airport to Shinjuku Station West Exit

As for the first to options, you can choose to either purchase tickets manually at the ticket machines at the station, or you can use an IC card (Suica, Pasmo, ICOCA etc.). As for the bus option, I believe you can get tickets at the bus pick-up location at the airport.

Regarding getting to Osaka, you have the freedom of choice to decide if you want to take a Shinkansen from either Tokyo or Shinagawa Stations. You can access both stations via subway lines (paid either with IC card or by ticket). Assuming that you don't have a JR pass, you'll have to purchase your Shinkansen tickets before you board, but you can also purchase it in advance online. You cannot use your IC card to enter Shinkansen stations.

From either Tokyo or Shinkansen stations, you will be taking the Shinkansen to Shin-Osaka station – note that this is not Osaka station. To get to other parts of Osaka, including Umeda and Namba areas, you can take a train from Shin-Osaka station to the rest of the city, as well as to other parts of the Keihanshin area, including Kyoto and Kobe.

Hope that helps :))
by Mizuno Jun rate this post as useful

reply to this thread