Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

Where to stay 2023/10/20 13:24
Where is best place to stay central to everythings in Tokyo
by Vivian M  

Re: Where to stay 2023/10/20 16:57
That place doesn't exist. Shibuya and Sensō-ji, two of the main sightseeing spots, are 40 minutes (or more) apart from each other by public transportation.

The "center" would be around Shimbashi station.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/10/20 17:44
That depends on destinations.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/10/20 21:42
Like others have said, it depends on what you mean by "everything".
Tourist attractions? Best restaurants? Nightlife?
What places are "everything" to you?
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/10/20 23:04
Stay near a station where multiple train lines (including subways) stop.

by ITO (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/11/4 15:16
I meant center that can walking to a lot of restaurants in Tokyo,walkable access to most everything,please and thank you
by Vivian M rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/11/4 15:55
Tokyo is a huge city that has kind of several sub cities and I am not particularly fond of cities, but out of the places I usually stay Tokyo Station area is pretty boring, Shinjuku is too business-ey, Shiba Park is nice but a little away from things, Ueno is lively but a bit grungey, and Shibuya is probably the closest to what you want out of the areas we have stayed. The Dormy Inn Premium there is in a great location and good value.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/11/4 15:58
Thank you for the clarification, but your additional post is still as vague as the first one. It's difficult tell you an exact place which would match your demand: "most everything is accessible on foot". That's because Tokyo is larger and wider than you may being thinking. Since not all popular places are located in a same area or nearby, most travelers move from one area to another by train, subway and bus, according to their interest and favorite things to do.
Only thing I could tell you is choosing near any terminal station like Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ueno could be a better choice if you aren't going to research so much. Those places tend to have "most everything". If you prefer luxurious places, the area near Tokyo Station could also be a option.
by Stip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/11/4 16:18
The description by Lazy Pious of each terminal station in Tokyo is just terrific! Lazy Pious explains everything perfectly by mentioning all the pros and cons. I love it and can't stop nodding! lol

If I were to add to that, the middle of Shibuya (not all of Shibuya) is getting grungier and grungier these days (a different kind of grunginess from that in Ueno) due to people bringing a can of alcoholic drink and drinking on the road, especially on holiday nights. It's sort of fun to see, but if you don't like that kind of atmosphere, you should avoid staying there.

Re: Where to stay 2023/11/4 16:24
I meant center that can walking to a lot of restaurants in Tokyo,walkable access to most everything,please and thank you

Any place close to a train station along the Yamanote Line would do. For details, please take a look at some maps.

By the way, Shibuya today is as big and confusing as Tokyo Station, Shinjuku and Ueno. Additionally, Tokyo Station was among the favorites of some foreign tourists I showed around, because the Marunouchi side has a museum and Kitte.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/11/5 04:02
A good thing to remember.

Tokyo is about the same size as Luxembourg. Asking for good food in Tokyo is like asking for tofu in a Vegan supermarket, it's everywhere
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/11/5 05:48
Just to add. While it might be the same size as Luxembourg (the country), Luxembourg has about 640,000 inhabitants while Tokyo has about 13 million. So there are more restaurants in Tokyo.
So yes, this is your trip. Do some research eg here in JG what you want to do in and around Tokyo and the question where to stay will become clearer. It obviously also depends on your budget and if youfd like to stay in a high end luxury hotel or in a really cheap hostel.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re:getting around 2023/11/5 07:45
Thanks all for helping out, this is my first time going to Japan, so i have no ideas what where and how, so i plan to visiting Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka, want to start from Tokyo and end in Tokyo, i have about 2 weeks,please give me some ideas about train stations get around Tokyo, and how to get from Tokyo to Kyoto an else, should i go from Tokyo to Kyoto first then Osaka then back to Tokyo? Or what is the best route? And how many day the least in Kyoto and how many days at least in Osaka? Please advise and thanks again everyone
by Vivian Menard (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/11/5 08:18
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/11/5 10:18
Thanks all, any good advice please post
by Vivian (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/11/5 12:43
Vivian,

No one but you can build an itinerary for the things that interest you.

So (while the link above shows a sample itinerary), please read the different pages on Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka among the gDestinationsh section of this website, select what youfd like to see, and build an itinerary that meets your interests. Enjoy planning and traveling!
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/11/5 13:05
Another alternative if you donft want/can plan by yourself is a travel agency. Preferably one that specializes in Japan.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/11/7 08:05
Please advise some travel agencies in japan please and thank you
by Vivian M rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay 2023/11/7 09:16
@Vivian M
I think they recommend you to make a contact with travel agencies IN your country (or on internet) which specialize in Japan.

Google is your friend.

Re: Where to stay 2023/11/7 09:52
vivian , you should just go to your local travel agency and book a tour from them , instead of asking for people to spoonfeed you in the forum.
by Chickenman905 rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

reply to this thread