Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Nohi bus online reservations 2023/10/25 09:57
Is there a way to purchase Nohi bus tickets from Takayama to Kamikochi online? I was able to purchase tickets from Kanazawa to Shirakawago and from Shirakawago to Takayama, but cannot seem to find this route on Japan Bus Online. Thank you for your help.
by TPJapan  

Re: Nohi bus online reservations 2023/10/25 14:23
As far as I understand, Nohi bus accepts reservation only if the bus goes through highway. The bus from Takayama to Kamikochi does not run on the highway so you don't need to reserve. Just go to Takayama bus center (maybe one day before) and buy the ticket.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Nohi bus online reservations 2023/10/26 09:05
They sell the non-reserved tickets on the day. You can visit the bus centre, but they may not sell you the ticket until day of travel - a frustrating quirk as I use the express bus to Matsumoto quite a lot so I make an early morning visit to get tickets for the 7:50 a.m. service.
Looking at the timetable, looks like you need to transfer at Hirayu Onsen to the shuttle, but you can get a combined ticket to cover the two sections.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Nohi bus online reservations 2023/10/26 11:55
Thank you. One of the frustrating bits of travelling to Japan, I suppose. Still doesn't top websites that don't work overnight Japan though - I don't think I've experienced that anywhere else.
by TPJapan rate this post as useful

Re: Nohi bus online reservations 2023/10/26 12:04
There are more trains and buses that cannot be reserved than reservable services. And not being able to buy a ticket before the day of travel is incredibly common.
As for Japanese websites that shut-down overnight, I only know of a couple.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread