Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

JR Pass Exchange for Group 2023/10/29 01:55
Hi, I will be traveling to Japan this November (2023) along with my wife and will land on Haneda airport on approximately 0700AM

We've purchased JR Pass and plan to exchange and activate it immediately in Haneda JR office.

Question is, can I queue and exchange OUR voucher for JR Pass ALONE while my wife goes around the station doing other things? (Luggage, WiFi, Foods, IC Card)
I will be holding both our passport and fill the information needed for the exchange.
by choebit  

Re: JR Pass Exchange for Group 2023/10/29 17:46
Your wife will collect her JR pass by showing her passport.so you cant collect her JR pass

One more thing:we always carry our identity card such as our passport ,because sometim es JR staff want to verify our status,such as tourist visa status,resident visa status.so if we enter japan with resident status,we cant buy JR nationwide pass.
by Joha (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass Exchange for Group 2023/10/30 08:50
Queue with your wife's passport.
One person exchanging for groups is very common - I used to do that all the time. Some offices explicitly request just one person does the exchange for a group.
Unless you are doing a lot of JR travel on your day of arrival, do not exchange at Haneda - long queues and very tedious, especially after a long flight..
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass Exchange for Group 2023/10/30 08:54
p.s. in more than a decade of travelling extensively with clients on JR passes we have never been requested to show ID or passport beyond the initial exchange.
I know of one case where someone was asked to provide ID. They were printing fake passes (the old booklet style) and a staff member became suspicious. They were found guilty of fraud because they were a resident.

Re: JR Pass Exchange for Group 2023/10/31 12:37
I remember in 2017 exchanging JR Pass in Haneda took me around 1 hour, very early in the morning.

And this I plan to immediately activate the JR Pass and goes straight to Hiroshima. Maybe it's just wiser to take Keikyu line and exchange the pass in Shinagawa then.
by choebit rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass Exchange for Group 2023/11/1 07:09
Did you consider flying to Hiroshima - the add-on fare can be pretty low and as you are at the airport, could be quicker.

reply to this thread