Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Tateyama Kurobe alpine route 8-10 Nov 2023/10/31 03:37
Hello, Need a help with my itinerary.
I plan to travel the Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine route from Ogizawa around 8th November.
Is the entire route upto Tateyama station traversable ? Because I will be staying in Matsumoto, so planning only one-way trip from Ogizawa to Tateyama station and then take Shinkansen+local train/bus combo from Tateyama station to Matsumoto (via Nagano Shinkansen).... so basically a day trip starting and ending at Matsumoto.

1] Is this feasible ? i.e. is the entire route upto Tateyama station traversable around 8th November ?
2] How about autumn foliage at that time ? I know it will be well beyond peak much of the way but atleast hopefully Kurobe Dam and Shomyo falls will have some colors (as per 4th oct Japan official autumn forecast)
3] If the above not feasible, should I just focus on Kamikochi side instead ? [ I see from live web-cams that the mountains around Kappa-bashi bridge are still not completely colored with autumn foliage]
by akash (guest)  

Re: Tateyama Kurobe alpine route 8-10 Nov 2023/10/31 16:39
I just had a look at live cam from Gosenjaku Hotel, I think autumn colour is past peak in Kamikochi. The greens you see are the coniferous trees which are evergreen trees. Photos from this end of season article will show that https://www.kamikochi.org/nature/so-long-but-not-goodbye
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread