Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Is my Fuji-Hakone pass plan possible? 2023/11/14 01:20
Hello everyone, I'm visiting Japan for the first time and I plan to stay in Tokyo and then head to Kyoto. Between that time however, I wanted to check out the Hakone and Mount Fuji area. I made an itinerary that I plan to follow for that. I plan to buy the Fuji-Hakone pass to hopefully cover ALL transportation during this period. From what I researched the pass should cover everything but I am not entirely sure. I was hoping someone who was familiar with the pass and area could review my plan (BELOW) to see if its all good :) Thank you so much for your time!

Also, would anyone recommend doing Arakurayama Sengen Park over Mount Fuji Panoramic ropeway? It doesn't seem like its possible to do both.

November 28: Tokyo Hakone
1. Akenbonobashi Station. Toei Shinjuku line to Shinjuku Station. At Odakyu Sightseeing Service Center, Shinjuku West, buy the Fuji Hakone Pass. Take a one-way trip from Shinjuku station to Shin-Matsuda Station. Take first train that leaves at 0527. and arrive at Shin-Matsuda station at 0645
2. Hop on Odakyu Odawara Line Express to arrive at Hotel, should be around 0830.
3. First hit up Amazake tea house and drink Amazake
4. Walk up the old Tokaido road next (Around 50 min)
5. End walk at Ashi lake in Moto-Hakone. Walk towards Hakone-Jinja shrine. First check out Tori gates in lake. Then walk up stairs to Hakone-Jinja shrine.
6. Take Hakone Sightseeing cruise (30 minute). Get off boat at northern part of lake and go to Owakudani
7. Owakudani, eat the eggs
8. Travel to Hakone Gora Park
9. Eat dinner and go back to hotel for early bedtime. Early wake up the next morning.

November 29: Hakone; Day Trip to Mt Fuji
a. Mount Fuji Panoramic ropeway
i. Hakone Fuji Pass to take a bus to Kawaguchiko station.
ii. Leave hotel at 0630. Arrive at 1020.
iii. Go up Mt Fuji panoramic ropeway. Hike up to Mount Tenjo.
iv. Lunch at Houtou Futo (Kawaguchiko Ekimae Shop)
2. Bus to Fugaku wind cave
a. 1210 Pleasure Boat‧Ropeway Iriguchi station to Kawaguchiko herbs. Reach Fugakufuketsu station and wind cave at 1pm.
3. Fugaku wind cave, then hike through Tokai Nature trail to Narusawa ice cave
4. Quick trip to look at Oshino Hakkai
a. Catch 1445 bus at Kori Ana heading towards Kawaguchiko Station. Take bus to Oshino Hakkai to arrive at 1614 in Oshino Hakkai.
5. Catch 1730 Fujikyu Mobility bus and leave Oshino Hakkai. Arrive back at home at around 9pm. Chill out the rest of the night.

November 30: Hakone Kyoto
1. Check out anything I may have missed, then head to Kyoto
by Vlit  

Re: Is my Fuji-Hakone pass plan possible? 2023/11/14 09:54
Hello.
At the Odakyu Sightseeing Service Center, you can buy tickets from eight o'clock.
https://www.odakyu.jp/english/support/center/
https://www.odakyu.jp/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/20230313_en.pdf
As such, you cannot purchase a Fuji Hakone Pass on the same day.
I'm not sure, but in the case of the Hakone Free Pass, you can buy it from 1 month before the boarding date, so probably you can also buy the Fuji Hakone Pass before the previous day.
I recommend you to go to Odakyu Sightseeing Service Center to check by the previous day.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Is my Fuji-Hakone pass plan possible? 2023/11/14 10:58
Thanks thatfs really helpful to note! Ifll do more research regarding that :)
by Vlit rate this post as useful

reply to this thread