Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Question about Hakone Freepass + Romance Car 2023/11/14 11:25
Hi all,

I've been reading over all the guides regarding the freepass, but still couldn't confirm what I should get using the freepass + the romance car ticket. For context, I'll be arriving at Odawara station from Osaka using the last day of my JR pass, so I won't need anything to get to Hakone.

I bought my observatory romance car ticket from Hakone-Yumoto station to Shinjuku, it mentioned that a separate ticket or freepass ticket would be needed to board.

When looking at the options online for Hakone Free Pass (which I was going to get regardless), which one do I get? Looking at the EMot website, it looks like it would either be the Hakone Area Only ticket or the Hakone Area + Odakyu Line Round-trip ticket.

Am I correct in saying the Hakone Area Only ticket is what I would get to be able to ride the Romance car to Shinjuku or does it not count since it's only for Hakone travel? In which case, would I get the Round-trip option? Or do I have to buy the Hakone Only pass and then buy a ticket at Hakone-Yumoto station on top of the Romance car ticket I already bought?

by hakonetrip (guest)  

Re: Question about Hakone Freepass + Romance Car 2023/11/14 13:57
You are not doing the round trip. So just get a pass for locally in Hakone and pay for the one way trip on the Romance car as a separate ticket.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread