Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Ashikaga Flower Park - mid-May 2023/11/26 13:11
Hi.
We are planning to visit the park to see the wisteria (daytime) in bloom in mid-May next year.
Is there anything much to see if we visit in mid-May ?
Unfortunately that is the only time we can viist Tokyo and make a day trip to the park.
I do understand it is very weather dependent, but just wnat to check if anyone has been there in mid-May and how was the experience ?
Thank you.
by lifesucketh  

Re: Ashikaga Flower Park - mid-May 2023/11/27 07:29
There is a great ceramic museum on the other side of the road
http://www.kurita.or.jp/

If you are asking about the garden per their website mid April to mid May is the wisteria festival. However, it depends on weather. This year everything was blooming much earlier than normal. I remember being in Kyoto in early May and the wisteria in a garden I happened to visit were all already gone.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Ashikaga Flower Park - mid-May 2023/11/27 07:49
If i remember right, the wisteria there is supposed to be in full bloom during the gGolden Weekh holidays in Japan, which spans from around April 29 to May 6. But even in 2018, when I visited with a friend, it was already past its peak - all flowers are blooming earlier in recent years - instead, roses and other flowers were in peak, which we enjoyed.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread