Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Help with 24 day itinery 2023/11/28 18:29
I am going to Japan for 24 days
My itinery is
Osaka 4 nights
Kyoto 3 nights
Kanazawa 3 nights
2 free nights with no destination
3 nights takayama on 8,9,10 as autumn festival is on
3 nights Hakone
3 nights lake kawaguichi
3 nights Tokyo.

Would like advice on where to spend my free 2 nights. Wil I extend one night in kyoto and one night in kanazawa or any recommendation on where I can stay for 2 nights.
I would like to leave hirosh8ma for another trip as I know there’s a lot to see hence I do not want to be rushing.

Hope someone can help pls

Thank you
by Rotunda  

Re: Help with 24 day itinery 2023/11/29 12:46

You stay quite long in some places like Fuji area which sounds like you are a lot into hiking or other outdoor activities. Which is totally fine. So for the 2 remaining days what are your interests?
Nature, culture, shopping, modern art, sports, onsen…?
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Help with 24 day itinery 2023/11/30 18:44
Thank you so much.
Thank you for replying.
Yes was hoping to do some easy hike and walking and hoping to see mt Fuji on my day there.
I love nature , onsen I don’t feel comfortable going into a public one so I think I will forgo it. I just love looking at nature and see the sights.
Thank you.
by Rotunda rate this post as useful

Re: Help with 24 day itinery 2023/11/30 23:20
If you have some extra days, how about spending one night in Nara? Most tourists, both foreigners and Japanese, visit there just on a day trip from Kyoto or Osaka, but I love the morning air of that city.
Some years ago, I stayed in a small guesthouse in Nara and took a walk around Nara Park and Tobihino (the wide area just next to the park) early in the morning of the following day. It was quiet, amazing and stunning, with many deer walking around so peacefully. They were less aggressive against tourists than they do in the afternoon! That might be because there were no deer crackers...
by Stip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help with 24 day itinery 2023/12/1 04:13
Oh Nara, I have to say we have stayed a number of times for 3 - 4 days at a time, twice this year (last time was 2 weeks ago) and it is still my favorite place. Kyoto unfortunately was so amazingly crowded I have been put off and definitely wouldnt go in Autumn or sakura time again, though it is beautiful (as long as you are tall enough to see over the heads of the crowds).

I agree, Nara would be my pick but I would go Kyoto/Nara/Kanazawa/ Takayama (so push your Kanazawa dates back).

Otherwise, I quite liked Kiso Fukushima as a base for some walks along the Nakasendo Way but again it would be better to do it before kanazawa as otherwise it is a 3 hour plus trip. But from there to Takayama is not too bad, go on to Matsumoto and then bus to Takayama.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help with 24 day itinery 2023/12/1 07:57
Personally I think that 3 nights in Kanazawa are 1 night too long :) I would cut 1 night so that would give you 3 free nights. With that you could extend the Osaka / Kyoto part of trip - Nara / Himeji / Okayama / Hikone / Kobe. Or you could extend post Kanazawa part of trip - Kurobe gorge / Shirakawago / day trips from Takayama (Shin-hotaka ropeway, Kamikochi). That would depend on your specific itinerary - what do you plan to see in Osaka, Kyoto, Kanazawa and Takayama.
by haens (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help with 24 day itinery 2023/12/1 13:44
Thank you so much for replying stip,lazypious and naens. You all have give me a lot of alternatives. I ve book 1 night in Nara and will stay in Kanazawa for only 2 nights.. so for the 2 extra nights I will have a good look at your suggestions .
Thanks so much.
Regds yap
by Rotunda rate this post as useful

reply to this thread