Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/11/29 15:55
I am a bit confused to which of the two documents should we present for the visa application. Our marriage had already been reported to the Philippine Embassy this October thus the PSA marriage certificate is not yet available. However, we are a bit confused as to what is the equivalent for marriage certificate or specific name of the document we need to present. Is it Kon-in Todoke no Kisai Jiro Shoumeisho or Kon-in Todoke Juri Shoumeisho?

Thank you very much in advance for the response.
by Arl_ene (guest)  

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/11/29 20:22
have you got married with a Japanese ?
or
have you got married with a foreigner who lives in Japan ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/11/30 09:04
Provide more details/information on what you are you asking help/question for ?

What visa application ? Who are 'we' ? Dependent/Spouse/Work/Long Term etc. visa ?
Where did you register your marriage ?

Coming here without head or tail, simply dump your question and expecting answer ?

Yeah we know you are confuse/eager/nervous BUT please people give at least something we can bite on before we can spit something out??
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/11/30 11:02
Hi, I got married in Japan that's why I mentioned it was reported in the Philippine Embassy and had to mention which of those 2 documents should be presented.

Likewise, applying for a dependent visa for a Japanese national (long term stay) and with COE already.

I was just asking which of the two should be presented as PSA marriage certificate is not yet available.

by Arl_Ene (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/11/30 11:06
For the one asking the details, I thought it could be easily understood already as there where details already in the message and given the scenario one I assumed you could comprehend.

to Mr. Ken: yes Sir thank for pointing that out that one indeed I missed. He is Japanese.
by Arl_ene (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/11/30 12:22
what you need to take a procedure is:
the change of resident status to "spouse of Japanese nationals".
the total procedure should be helped by your spouse (Japanese). it is convenient for both you and immigration. it is your spouse's job.

in that case,
have koseki-tohon, Sؖ, of your spouse (a Japanese) as the proof in the Japanese side.

also if you have a receipt when you reported your marriage at Philippine embassy in Japan, it might be used as the proof of your reporting to your country. (probably, immigration may request you the official certificate (PSA marriage certificate ?) afterward.)

Kon-in Todoke no Kisai Jiro Shoumeisho or Kon-in Todoke Juri Shoumeisho is an alternative, when you can't provide koseki-tohon.

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/11/30 14:53
see thing got more clear with those extra info however ..

applying for a dependent visa for a Japanese national (long term stay) and with COE already.
is totally wrong.

1. Dependent visa is for spouse/children of foreigner(with resident status in Japan).
2. Spouse visa is for spouse of Japanese National.
3. Japanese national long term stay, Long term stay is for non-Japanese national.

And are you trying to applying from start/scratch i.e. COE>Visa or Change of Status from whatever resident status you have now to Dependent? / Spouse?

But anyway as Ken said Koseki Tohon is good enough, should be the one immigration required.
That other marriage cert is usually used/required to register your marriage at embassy of your country to proof that you officially registered your marriage in Japan.

Have you not get anything from immigration on how to apply for visa/change of status ?
https://www.moj.go.jp/isa/applications/status/?hl=en

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/11/30 15:58
Thank you very much Sir Ken. That's all that I need! Just on point! Your answer really helped a lot. That's all that there is to my question. Thank you very much.

By the way (for the other person), I am not living in Japan and hasn't lived in Japan. I only visited there.

I am applying from my country (and I am currently living here) and will apply through their embassy (Japan) and hasn't stayed in Japan longer that my tourist visa (allowable to stay). FYI.
by Arl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/11/30 16:05
Sir (the other guest). Clearly, I am not a Japanese so I had to mention about ROM in our embassy. Still, thank you for the response but would appreciate it if you could comprehend as well sir/Ma'am and not just read.

To Sir Ken, thank you very much for the help.

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/11/30 16:18
Likewise, applying for a dependent visa for a Japanese national (long term stay) and with COE already.

*dependent (of a Japanese national) visa. The structure earlier might have caused confusion

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/11/30 17:18
although your posts are uncertain,
when you are in Japan (for example, for sightseeing), you can apply the change of status.
when you are not in Japan (you are currently out of Japan), you need to apply the COE of spouse of Japanese nationals at immigration office in Japan. because you are absent from Japan, your spouse must take care of it.

by the way, your spouse (a Japanese) is living in Japan or not ?
I assume he is in Japan because you say that you got married in Japan.

you need to explain your situation more clearly.

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/11/30 20:59
Yes Sir Ken, he is living in Japan and I am living outside in Japan. I went back home because it was more proper for processing rather than changing status only. He was the one who processed the COE (which had been issued recently). What is left in my application documents is the equivalent of the marriage certificate of which you have answered in your previous message already.

Thank you very much Sir Ken for your responses.

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/12/1 11:40
He was the one who processed the COE (which had been issued recently).
Good for your with COE being approved/issued. Hope you get your visa approved soon without trouble.

And I just can't stop being nitpicking with below statement again and again ... For future reference
*dependent (of a Japanese national) visa.
applying for a dependent visa for a Japanese national (long term stay)and with COE already.

That statement is just wrong.

For clarity purpose the correct Immigration term :

1. Dependent visa is for spouse/children of foreigner(with resident status in Japan).
2. Spouse visa is for spouse/children of Japanese National/Citizen.
3. Japanese National/Citizen long term stay, Long term stay visa/status is for non-Japanese national.
Why would a Japanese National/Citizen need a Long Term Stay visa?
by @..the other person (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/12/1 12:04

I also applied for a spouse visa last week. Our marriage certificate is not yet available in PSA. I submitted a negative certificate from PSA + copy of report of marriage from the phil embassy when i applied for the visa. Don't forget to get your CFO certificate after getting your spouse visa because the phil immigration wont allow you to leave the Philippines without it even if you have a spouse visa for japan.
by Aiko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/12/1 18:46
@other guest

Yes, that's why I corrected it in my other message because the structure itself was confusing. So basically I am applying for a visa (dependent of Japanese national). Anyway, it's on their website already. Still, you for the response.

@Ms. Aiko. Thank you for the information Ms. Aiko and for mentioning the CFO certificate. By the way, you only attached the ROM? no more Koseki Tohon or the Kon-in Shomeisho (juri or kisai jiko) ?

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/12/2 22:52
@Arl the ROM has the Konin Todoke No Kisai Jiko Shomeisho attached to it so I submitted it as well upon my application.
by Aiko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/12/3 12:53
So basically I am applying for a visa (dependent of Japanese national)

....So basically I am applying for a Spouse visa (Spouse of Japanese national)

Re: Marriage certificate for visa application 2023/12/3 13:18
To Ms. Aiko: yes, we also have the Kon-in Todoke no Kisai Jiko Shomeisho as it was the document needed for ROM. However, there is a Kon-in Todoke Jiru Shomeisho which is a marriage certificate (acceptance) also and that's where we got confused which of the two should be used.

To other guest: like in the website in embassy of Japan, type of visa it's no. 3 and category 1. The agency (for visa processing) also did use the term spouse visa, more like application with COE. But we also checked the requirements for spouse visa.

I guess no need to lenghten it as I only asked about those two certificates.

You might asked again who is we, of course me and my husband 😵‍💫 who else it would be.

Thank you for the reponses Mr. Ken, Ms. Aiko, and the other guest

reply to this thread