Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

PR application 2023/12/6 12:49
As we have a chat for people waiting for their COE and an other one for people waiting for their Japanese citizenship, I thought to open yet an other chat for people waiting for their PR status.

Applied: 6/Dec/23
Current status: HSP 1b
Applied in Tokyo (Shinagawa)

The wait has started.
by LikeBike  

Re: PR application 2023/12/6 16:30
Good luck likebike

Although I am not waiting anymore, I'll share mine as it's very recent

I was a spouse of japanese national and got my PR approved in 6 months to the day through nagoya immigration centre

by Shelly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: PR application 2023/12/6 17:51
Can I ask about PR?

I have a spouse visa (1 year) and have been married for 4 years (residing outside of Japan).
Under my understanding one can apply for PR after 3 years of marriage and 1 year of residing in Japan with the spouse. However Ifve been told one also needs a 3 year visa as well to be eligible for this. Can anyone confirm or did anyone get PR with a 1 year spouse visa? Ifm hoping to apply next year on my second visa.

TIA x
by mycatslovewagyu rate this post as useful

Re: PR application 2023/12/6 18:03
Hi Tia

You definitely need a 3 year residence card before you can apply for PR.

Your first renewal is likely to be 1 year again but it depends on what mood immigration officer is. I got a 3 year card on my 2nd renewal I believe, I think in total I had -

1 year
1year
3 years
PR
by Shelly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: PR application 2023/12/12 10:53
Now there's a familiar feeling...!

I got mine approved 2 years ago to date, went from Instructor 3 3 changed status halfway to Spouse 1 Spouse 3PR

Best of luck!
by King of the World (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread