Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

What is the action for animal cruelty? 2023/12/8 20:41
I always see people being cruel to animals, which makes me feel so bad. I wonder what are the actions for animal cruelty?
by Robert Lehrer (guest)  

Re: What is the action for animal cruelty? 2023/12/9 10:41
have you seen in Japan ?
"always see", what do you see ?
I never saw such things in my life in Japan.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is the action for animal cruelty? 2023/12/9 17:18
Ken is correct. Probably it was in your home country ,not in japan
by Keya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is the action for animal cruelty? 2023/12/9 22:01
So I don't go on a diatribe, is there anyone here who can explain Japanese animal cruelty laws to the first poster.

Japan might not be as stringent as some other western countries, but I've not seen a huge amount of animal cruelty and I've visited more places in Japan than most Japanese people.

Being specific with allegations is important as your first comment can read as though all Japanese people are mean to animals. That's similar to saying all {insert group} are {racist/cruel to animals/other} with no evidence to back it up.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: What is the action for animal cruelty? 2023/12/9 23:38
it is “®•šˆ€Œì–@.
but, animal abuse is not so simple.
in Japan,@Žð‹SåKåN¹“lŽ–Œ occurred.
a long time ago, a junior high school student (male) in Kobe abused animals (according to my memory, cats) and finally he killed a elementary (my memory) school student and cut off the victim's head and put the head in front of the gate of junior high school. it was so sensational. the criminal was arrested but was not punished because of a minor. he sent to juvenile training school and his name was changed (so impossible to know who he is) when he became an adult and he was released. he is now living in OUR world. he could be our neighbor.
more sadly, he published his personal history and sold it to earn money. the publisher was also blamed socially. but they was not punished (according to my memory), because the Japan constitution guarantees that everybody has a right to publish or express individual's thoughts.

therefore, I think it is now a consensus in Japan that animal abuse is the first step and could lead to serious crimes as the next steps. I believe that police will certainly investigate the animal abuse cases, if it really occurs.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is the action for animal cruelty? 2023/12/10 15:43
Robert,

I'm afraid that your question is very vague. We can't see if you're witnessing cruelty first-hand, or if you're seeing it on the media, or what degree of cruelty to what animals you're talking about.

But as mentioned, here in Japan we have laws to prevent/punish cruelty, we have animal shelters and we have doctors.

So, for example, if you see cruelty in your neighborhood in Japan, you can discuss it with the police, a shelter or association, or a vet. And if that doesn't solve your problem, you can try to make a change by gathering people alike. Here are some more references (in Japanese language).

https://www.env.go.jp/nature/dobutsu/aigo/1_law/index.html
https://jspca.or.jp/
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: What is the action for animal cruelty? 2023/12/11 15:19
Just the other day, a taxi driver was arrested for running over a pigeon, because a passer-by report the incident to the police.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread