Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Is low attendance reported? 2023/12/23 21:19
Hi, i went to japan this summer to study for three months in a language school. Long story short i got really sick and couldn’t attend school anymore. Considering that i went there with no Visa/just for tourism did i get reported for not attending anyways? I want to go back to japan two years from now and i’m afraid they will reject me because of this. Thank you in advance.
by lelouch (guest)  

Re: Is low attendance reported? 2023/12/24 08:26
Attendance may have been recorded. But since it wasn't linked to a student visa. No one will care.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is low attendance reported? 2023/12/24 09:06
From a visa point of view no problem. Your visa wasn’t for studying so there was no requirement for you to go to school.
From a school perspective if you apply to the same school I could see that they might have questions and might reject you. So if you are set on THIS school explain to them what happened when you reapply
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Is low attendance reported? 2023/12/24 18:13
here is the detailed information which language schools have to report to immigration office.
https://www.moj.go.jp/isa/publications/materials/nyuukokukanri07_00218...
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is low attendance reported? 2023/12/24 19:10
@ken, the OP attended school with a tourist visa not a student visa, so these rules don’t apply to her/him.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Is low attendance reported? 2023/12/25 08:15
OP was on a temporary visitor permit - there is not such thing as a "tourist" visa.
Attendance for people on a student visa is an issue for people pretending to be students, but actually working.
The OP has no worries/issues unless, as a pp noted they apply back to the same school.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Is low attendance reported? 2023/12/25 09:48
the document indicates "留学の在留資格をもって在留する者に限る" repeatedly. this is the evidence which is officially opened to public and proves other posters' thoughts.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread