Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Autumn Travel in Chubu Area 2023/12/23 22:16
Hello all,
Am planning for a trip to Chubu areas in autumn next year, below is my preliminary plans and will like to check is the itinerary idea and transport pass adopted is reasonable (which will travel with aged 60+ parents).
Thanks

Plans:
(D1) Nagoya - Takayama
(D2) Takayama - Shirakawa
(D3) Takayama - Toyama
(D4) Toyama - Kanazawa
(D5) Toyama - Takaoka & Back to Nagoya
(D6) Nagoya - Shizuoka
(D7) Shizuoka
(D8) Shizuoka - Nagoya
(D9) Nagoya
(D10) Nagoya
(D11) Home Sweet Home

For D1 - D5: Plan to use Takayama Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass.
For D6 - D8: Is there any recommended travel pass?
Or any other areas recommended to cover for 1st timer to Chubu areas?

Looking forward your sharing and guidance. Many thanks
by WL (guest)  

Re: Autumn Travel in Chubu Area 2023/12/24 07:54
Hi!

Takayama colour is quite a bit earlier in my experience, a few years back we had really nice colour there at the very beginning of November, in fact a lot of the higher elevations were already brown.

Other than that comment which might or might not be useful, I think the time at Nagoya is a bit long, I wouldnt spend more than a night there. If it was a weekend, I would stay at Nakatsugawa and then do the Tsumago to Magome walk, or maybe go further up the line and stay at Kiso Fukushima. Otherwise I would consider a night at Hikone which is really pretty, it gets very nice autumn colours in the castle area toward the end of November.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Autumn Travel in Chubu Area 2023/12/24 08:57
I would stay more time in Kanazawa and no time in Toyama unless you have a very specific interest in Toyama
Also did you consider Kurobe gorge?
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread