Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Which area pass should I get? 2023/12/30 07:37
Hi all,

I am planning my first ever trip to Japan for next May. With the increase in the price of the JR Pass making it less desirable, I am looking at whether there might be a pass to cover the Western part of my trip: Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Takamatsu, Hiroshima, Miyajima.

Some I have seen include: (1) JR Sanyo Sanin Area Pass, (2), JR Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass, (3) JR Setouchi Area Pass and (4) JR Kansai Wide Area Pass.

Any recommendations?
by Kieron (guest)  

Re: Which area pass should I get? 2023/12/30 17:18
The passes you mention have different validity periods - you didn't mention how many days of travel you will do for all that. Plus the Sanyo Sanin Area Pass is good down to Hakata, but you're not going down that far. With its higher price, it may not be worth it for you.
Also the JR Kansai Wide Area Pass is not valid down to Hiroshima.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which area pass should I get? 2023/12/30 20:12
If you can do your Hiroshima and Takamatsu leg in 5 days. Then the Hiroshima pass makes sense.

Then just IC card for Osaka and Nara.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which area pass should I get? 2023/12/30 20:16
Thanks for the answers so far.

The time Ifll be spending would go beyond the time limits of the passes so I am thinking of a pass that would cover Osaka (2 days but could activate on final day if 5 day pass), Takamatsu (1 Day), Hiroshima (1 Day), Miyajima (1 Day) and Kobe (1 Day). Ifd then use IC card for Kyoto and Nara.

Thoughts?
by Kieron (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which area pass should I get? 2023/12/30 20:23
Yup that works.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread