Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kansai Area Pass 1-day vouchers non-JR 2024/1/2 00:45
As far as I know, when buying a JR West Kansai Area pass you will get a 1-day voucher for Kyoto Subway, Keihan line, and Hankyu line. However, I cannot find any information on how many 1-day voucher(s) you get if you buy the area pass for 1+ consecutive days. For example, If I buy the 4 days consecutive JR West Kansai Area pass, do I;
a. get 4 1-day vouchers for non-JR lines
b. only get 1 1-day voucher for non-JR lines, i.e. it won't matter how many days area pass that we buy we will always only get 1 voucher per pass?

if the answer is b, would it be better to buy 4 separate 1-day JR west area pass instead of 4 consecutive days directly if I want to maximize using non-JR trains for my itinerary? that is if this is possible.

Thank you in advance!
by ridwanakf  

Re: Kansai Area Pass 1-day vouchers non-JR 2024/1/3 13:41
You don't get subway passes when purchasing JR passes.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Area Pass 1-day vouchers non-JR 2024/1/3 13:48
https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/kansai/kyoto_guide.html

This explains it.

Simple version...

You can claim a one day pass for any day the Kansai pass is valid.

Re: Kansai Area Pass 1-day vouchers non-JR 2024/1/3 13:52
As a bit of advice. Confirm if this pass will pay off. 1750-2800 per day is alot.

Most trip in and around kyoto and or Osaka will cost 170-280 yen. So most likely won't pay off.

If travel to Nara, Biwako and/or Kobe, then it may break even or save money.

Re: Kansai Area Pass 1-day vouchers non-JR 2024/1/3 14:32
I knew and have this https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/kansai/kyoto_guide.html you gave, hovewer there's no explanation explicitly whether how much you get the free vouchers depending your choice of pass (1-day, 2-days, ..., 4-days), hence my question.
by ridwanakf rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Area Pass 1-day vouchers non-JR 2024/1/3 14:35
Because say if I want to fully utilize the non-JR trains/busses via the voucher for 3 days, I'd be better off to buy 3 1-day passes since they each will give you set of vouchers, so you will get 3 sets of non-JR lines/busses voucher in comparison of only getting one set if you buy the 3-day pass directly. I don't think you understand my question
by ridwanakf rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Area Pass 1-day vouchers non-JR 2024/1/3 15:06
I understood your question and gave an explanation. You have either not understood it or not read it.

Either way.

The one day pass will bever been a good option. No on will use 2800 yen per day in travels on buses and subways. As explained in my earlier response.

Unless you are traveling in from Kobe every day.

Re: Kansai Area Pass 1-day vouchers non-JR 2024/1/3 17:08
I believe it's only one voucher no matter the number of days of your pass.

To refund a Kansai Area Pass, the pass itself and the vouchers for the Kyoto City Subway, Keihan Railway, and Hankyu Railway (4 items in all) are required.

"4 items in all"

That being said, the 4-day pass will cost 4200\ less than buying 4*1-day passes. I don't think you'll spend that much money on Kyoto's public transportation in 2 or 3 days. Also, do you want to spend your precious time in Kyoto queueing 9 times to redeem your subway/train passes?
by Mellye rate this post as useful

reply to this thread