Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Family friendly Ryokan near Tokyo 2024/1/3 07:05
Hello, We are family of 4 (2 girl kids aged 10 & 7), visiting Japan in March and want to spend a night at Ryokan close to Tokyo. Do you have any recommendation for a family friendly Ryokan around Tokyo (Atami or Yugawara but also open to other areas)? Budget is around 55,000 Yen but can be flexible for a good place. I can speak some Japanese.
Thanks a lot for your help.
by KB (guest)  

Re: Family friendly Ryokan near Tokyo 2024/1/3 11:18
Hi, we really liked Taiseikan which is just outside of Atami, at Ajiro. The ryokan is fantastic, food is superb, rooms are biggish, with nice views over the water. It was mega cheap though we got it as a last minute change thing when I realised that our booked accommodation in Atami had no windows.

Ajiro is a very quiet town, but it is a short walk to the train station with Atami about 5 minutes one way and Ito about 20 minutes the other, have a look at taking the kids to Ito Shaboten there which is a beautiful zoo where you get to mingle with the capybaras.

by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Family friendly Ryokan near Tokyo 2024/1/7 05:43
Thanks. Would love to hear from other on any other options? Thanks a lot.
by KB (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Family friendly Ryokan near Tokyo 2024/1/8 00:39
I might suggest to you a place we stayed about 5 years ago...

Ichinoyu Honkan at www.ichinoyu.co.jp/facilities/honkan/ (use the pull down on top of website to turn the pages into English)

Several reasons...
...near Hakone in Kanazawa about two hours train ride from Tokyo
...in the mountains and beautiful
...they have tatami rooms to give you the full experience
...PLUS they have a family onsen you can reserve for everyone if you like
...PLUS selected rooms have a PRIVATE ONSEN facing the mountain stream which is beautiful, private and perfect for children (and adults)
...meals are available on site which were yummy...traditional Japanese cuisine
...they speak enough English if you need to communicate with them
...convenient if you want to take the train further into Hakone, Ashinoko, etc.

We did all of that except due to the sulfur air the cable tramway was shut down so we could not go all the way into Ashinoko. I would recommend two nights to get the best experience and so you don't feel rushed.

Hope this helps...

Stan

by USC4Ever rate this post as useful

reply to this thread