Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

3 week itinerary 2nd trip starting June 15 2024/1/5 20:29
Dear all, happy new year!

I was with my wife 14 years ago in Japan and now I am coming back with my 10 year old son.

We are going to stay 3 weeks starting june 15th and we would like to visit something new.

Our idea is to stay at least 1 week in Tokyo and 1 week in Kyoto and use the trip from Tokyo to Kyoto to visit some intermediate areas.

On the first trip we will visit the typical, Nara, Nikko, Tokyo, Hakone, Osaka, Takayama, Kamakura, Kyoto, Hirashima, Miyajima and Mt. Koya.

We want to go to Universal Park.

Any recommendations?

Thank you very much!
by DRTorrontegi  

Re: 3 week itinerary 2nd trip starting June 15 2024/1/6 08:39
Your post is a bit unclear. You wrote you visited Japan before. Then you name a number of places you will visit... but if you named all those places, is that what you saw before? Or where you will go this year? If the latter, why ask about where to go?

You could certainly go visit Kanazawa on the way to Kansai or back.

It would also help if you gave your interests.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 week itinerary 2nd trip starting June 15 2024/1/6 09:43
I wouldn't go adding more places. You'll struggle to fit that in 21 days.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 week itinerary 2nd trip starting June 15 2024/1/6 09:56
@OP
I think a lot of people here are confused about the use of gwillh (future tense) and gfirst triph which was in the past. My understanding is that for your upcoming trip you have planned 1 week Tokyo, 1 week Kyoto and want recommendations for 1 week somewhere gin betweenh.
As a PP said, we need a bit more about your interests. Generally speaking interesting places gin betweenh would be:

Kamikochi
Tateyama Kurobe alpine route
Nagano
Shiba onsen
Sadogashima
Kanazawa
Bessho onsen
Matsumoto
Karuizawa
Hakone
Izu peninsula
Ise
Biwako area
There are some amusement parks in/around Nagoya (as you mention USJ, maybe thatfs something you are into)
Magome/Tsumago (for my taste too much out of the way for what it offers)
Nara
Yamatoyagi
c

Someone suggested Dorogawa onsen, which is a very nice place for 1-2 nights of ryokan/onsen experience in the mountains.

by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 week itinerary 2nd trip starting June 15 2024/1/6 12:15
Inuyama, close to Nagoya, is a nice summer spot. Pretty, and original, little castle. The river is nice in summer. Meiji Mura is interesting if, like me, you have an interest in historic architecture.
Speaking of castles - Himeji is amazing.
But not everyone is interested in architecture or castles!
by Matt P (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 week itinerary 2nd trip starting June 15 2024/1/8 18:15
Dear all,

Sorry for the misunderstanding... and the typo when I wrote "will", I wanted to indicate that in the previous trip we went to those places. On our first trip we visited Nara, Nikko, Tokyo, Hakone, Osaka, Takayama, Kamakura, Kyoto, Hirashima, Miyajima and Mount Koya.

Regarding our interests
- We would like to visit Himeji Castle
- We have enjoyed the garden of Kanazawa, so we would like to visit another one.
- We have stayed in a ryokan in Gion (Kyoto), Miyajima and Takayama and would like to enjoy Kaiseki food in Kyoto and Takayama again.
- We would like to visit fine arts museum we would like to see something of Yayoi Kusama.
- We are going with a child and we want to visit Universal to see the Mario Bross área and the rest of the park, it could also be interesting to visit an aquarium that I think there are spectacular aquariums in Japan.
- We would to visit the Fuji área too.

We are open to suggestions for visiting places in summer, places between Tokyo and Kioto/ Osaka.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

Best Regards
by DRTorrontegi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread