Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Taxi Dormy Inn Kanda to Tokyo Station 2024/1/7 20:20
Five of us need to go from Dormy Inn Premium Kanda to catch a Shinkansen at Tokyo Station. Planning to take either the 10:32am or 11:24am Shinkansen on Tuesday 19th March.
Originally I was just going to get on the Yamanote/Keihin Tohoku Line from Kanda to Tokyo Station but am now wondering if itfll be difficult with each of us lugging a large 28h luggage (Getting on the packed train even itfs after rush hour).
Therefore am now thinking about getting taxis from the hotel to Tokyo Station.
1. If we get those eLondon Blackcabf taxis, would 3 passengers fit with 3 x 28h luggage?
2. How much will it cost around 9:30-10:30am?
3. At Tokyo Station would the taxi drop us near the Shinkansen platform or on the other side?
4. When I checked Google Map it states 6 min (1.7km). Is it really that quick for that timing midweek?
🙏
by Melanie Putra  

Re: Taxi Dormy Inn Kanda to Tokyo Station 2024/1/8 08:09
If you are getting taxis, just ask for shinkansen side and go to Shinagawa and get on your train there.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi Dormy Inn Kanda to Tokyo Station 2024/1/8 08:49
Thanks for responding, but why Shinagawa instead of Tokyo Station? Itfs so much furtherc
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi Dormy Inn Kanda to Tokyo Station 2024/1/8 09:54
You'll be fine on a commuter with your luggage at that time of day.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi Dormy Inn Kanda to Tokyo Station 2024/1/8 10:00
- if you want to go by taxi, then specify gShinkansen entranceh and the driver will get you on that side of the station.
- With 5 passengers, you could split 3 persons + 2 suitcase and 2 person + 3 suitcases in the worst case. But I think one taxi should be able to accommodate 3 persons + 3 suitcases.

- But as the above poster said, I think that taking the commuter train to Tokyo station will be OK at that time of the day. The real rush hour will be over far earlier than that.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi Dormy Inn Kanda to Tokyo Station 2024/1/8 10:42
Thanks so much guys! Would gladly catch JR from Kanda. I read rush hour is until 9am so should be ok 9am onwards ya? And the frequency is every 3 min. We will split up to board the carriages.
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi Dormy Inn Kanda to Tokyo Station 2024/1/8 11:08
Taking JR local line at that time if the day is no problem. Just split in 2 doors
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi Dormy Inn Kanda to Tokyo Station 2024/1/8 11:08
Sorry, I mis-read the location. Ignore my post.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread