Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

A dream of Japan 2024/1/8 07:41
Hello everyone, my name is Barış and I am 27 years old 😊 First of all, I would like to say that I am new to this website. I apologize in advance if I write something wrong.

I would like to ask something briefly, I would be very happy if experienced people have time to read and answer.
I am originally from Turkey and have been living in Poland since 2017, I completed my university education here a few months ago. Also, I have been working as an Analyst in Poland for the last two years. The company I work for is very good and I am very happy with my job. Working conditions are great and I have almost no problems.
Coming to the main topic, I have been dreaming of moving to Japan since I was little. Recently, this has increased with both the anime I watched and the ease in my financial situation, and I contacted some language schools. I have sufficient experience in starting a life from scratch, but the most important thing I need to know beforehand is my career. In general, among the people who settled in Japan, I think the number of people working at desk jobs like me is low, at least I cannot come across many. I think I need advice on this matter, except for certain job sites – are there any agencies that provide consultancy services on finding a job for foreigners? Or even some life - mentoring agency. I want to plan everything before starting this adventure.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

by ABK96  

Re: A dream of Japan 2024/1/8 17:19
Most foreigners I know in Japan work in office jobs. Mostly they are either into IT or in my specific industry (Pharma). To start in IT you seem to need essentially a bit of experience (but not tons). To start in other industries I think you need more years of experience to be attractive to companies.
You say you work as an analyst. Is that gfinancial analysth? If so, I could think that you might be able to find a job here even with no Japanese in some global or Japanese international company.

There are headhunters in Japan. Agencies such as Michael Page (and many others). On one hand they are hiring foreigners and in the other hand they are looking for foreigners for other companies in Japan. How attractive you are to them depends on your experience (and a bit on language capabilities and visa status).

Can you get a job in Japan? I donft know. But speak with some of those agencies and youfll at least get an idea if your profile is in demand.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: A dream of Japan 2024/1/9 01:02
Before moving to Japan to study or live - I'd suggest to visit for a couple of weeks and do things for some of the time which is similar to what people living might do there.

It does sound odd - but I found living in Japan and visiting Japan very different. For example - I've visited Japan many times since I've left but don't have any inclination on wanting to live there again.

Living in Japan is very different and actually more mundane than many other countries I've lived in. I will agree that speaking the language (at least conversationally) will make a huge difference.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: A dream of Japan 2024/1/9 08:09
Watching anime isn't going to tell you much about living in Japan. And, living versus visiting are also two very different things.
Do some hunting for Japanese job recruitment sites or personnel agencies. I would expect you will see things like needing the right to work in Japan (i.e. you already have a visa and status of residence) and a decent level of Japanese language ability.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: A dream of Japan 2024/1/22 08:04
Thank you all for the replies and advises! Not only animes of course but since 1 or 2 years, I am researching a lot. Watching vlogs or even live CCTV cameras. Sometimes I keep some random street open for hours in my second screen while I am working. To be honest my main reason to move from my current country is that I feel extreamly lonely here. Because I never plan to stay long-term here. I feel Japan is much better choice for me to live and more easier to adapt.
I believe in few months, I will plan my first visit to Japan for 1 or 2 weeks so will post my first ideas here if this post stay still.
by ABK96 rate this post as useful

Re: A dream of Japan 2024/1/22 08:23
I feel extreamly lonely
Well, Japan is not going to cure that. How do you expect to build a circle of friends?
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: A dream of Japan 2024/1/22 12:29
I feel extreamly lonely here

Yup, Japan may not be able to cure that. And you may not know it, but many people feel lonely at age 27. But if you've got nothing to lose, why not try.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread