Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Tokyo or Osaka to Isawa Onsen station? 2024/1/8 08:55
Hello-

Is the ride from Tokyo or Osaka to Isawa-onsen Station on the Chūō Main Line covered by the JR Rail Pass? It doesn't seem to show any of the related locations in the calculator.

Thank you!
by BrianEats (guest)  

Re: Tokyo or Osaka to Isawa Onsen station? 2024/1/8 17:38
Isawa onsen is a station on JR alone, so yes itfs covered by the nationwide JRP.

In the calculators they only have fairly major stations to give you an idea if JRP is going to pay off or not. If you want to know the price w/o JRP to Isawa onsen, just use google maps.

Be sure the JRP pays off for what you want to do. After the recent price increase its nearly impossible to make it pay off (unless you have a very specific , far flung itinerary over a short period of time)
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo or Osaka to Isawa Onsen station? 2024/1/21 09:09
Has anyone done this trip? I am flying in an out of NRT.
Will start our trip in Tokyo and then head to Kyoto and Osaka (maybe Hiroshima) before returning to Tokyo to fly home.

Would it be advisable to visit https://www.isawa-kagetsu.com/ on the way down to Osaka or on the way back up to Tokyo? Alternatively, we could go from Kyoto back to Tokyo a couple days before our flight and do a day trip to Isawaonsen?

Thanks in advance.
by BrianEats (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo or Osaka to Isawa Onsen station? 2024/1/21 10:39
A 7 day pass will only pay off if you actually go to Hiroshima from Tokyo. And return within 7 days.

A 14 day pass doesn't even come close to paying off.

Judging buy you wanting to visit 3 location away from Tokyo. I don't think you even need to investigate where JR passes go. As they won't pay off for you.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo or Osaka to Isawa Onsen station? 2024/1/21 13:09
Thanks, @H

Based on the above feedback, we wonft be buying a pass.

Looking for advice on my second question if anyone has any.
by BrianEats rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo or Osaka to Isawa Onsen station? 2024/1/21 13:33
I don't think it matters to much which direction you do it.

From Kyoto to Isawa Onsen is 4.5 hours via Nagoya and Matsumoto.
Just decide where you want this journey in your itinerary.

For example...
Tokyo to Hiroshima 4.5 hours
Hiroshima to Kyoto 1.75 hours
Kyoto to Isawa 4.5 hours
Isawa to Tokyo 1.0 hours
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo or Osaka to Isawa Onsen station? 2024/1/21 13:58
>>A 7 day pass will only pay off if you actually go to Hiroshima from Tokyo. And return within 7 days

I think not anymore with the increased price
by PH (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread