Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Which one is better JR Pass or Nouhi Bus? 2024/1/8 08:58
Hi, im planning going to takayama from kyoto.. and stay 1 days in takayama.. In takayaman, i will go around shirakawago and takayama. Next day, i will check out from takayama and heading to tokyo.

From your opinion, what the best choice for transportation i can choose from kyoto to takayama and after that going to tokyo?

if you are consider JR pas, which JR pass most suitable for this trip?

Thank you!
by hana156  

Re: Which one is better JR Pass or Nouhi Bus? 2024/1/8 16:10
Google "kyoto station to takayama station" and see map, set starting time. You will find many options. Which will suit you depends on your preference.

From Takayama to Shirakawago, see Nohi bus website.

https://www.nouhibus.co.jp/highwaybus/kanazawa_en/

From Takayama to Tokyo, again use google.

There is no pass suitable for your travel.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Which one is better JR Pass or Nouhi Bus? 2024/1/8 17:42
Definitely the JRP is not going to pay off for this itinerary. Not even remotely close.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Which one is better JR Pass or Nouhi Bus? 2024/1/8 21:51
There is a Limited Express "Hida #25" departing at 8:34 from Kyoto station, arriving at 12:14 in Takayama every day. The fare is 7,790 yen.

by Kakuhiro rate this post as useful

Re: Which one is better JR Pass or Nouhi Bus? 2024/1/9 08:02
Know that Shirakawa-go is an hour from Takayama. A closer option is the Hida no Sato open air museum of gassho style buildings.
For Takayama to Tokyo there are three main routes. Via Nagoya and then shinkansen, via Toyama and shinkansen to Tokyo, or bus to Matsumoto and express train to Tokyo (or bus the whole way). Each has different prices, but the time required is roughly the same.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread