Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Hotels in Tokyo 2024/1/9 00:43
Hi,
I am travelling to Tokyo in October and travelling with a friend of the opposite sex.
We want to stay in the Shinjuku area.
I have been trying to find an hotel that does family rooms or hotels that offer 2 separate bedrooms with a small lounge area so we each have own own privacy.
I have not been able to find anything and was wondering do these types of hotel rooms exist in Tokyo?
Any recommendation of places to stay in Shinjuku that has 2 separate bedrooms?
Happy to go with an airbnb or serviced apt if no hotels are available.
Thanks in advance for any help.
by N74C  

Re: Hotels in Tokyo 2024/1/9 08:38
In that case the locals would take two separate rooms.

You might find a gsuite roomh in conventional hotels (very expensive), or you might try Agoda or booking.com to see if they have apartments that might meet your needs. Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Tokyo 2024/1/9 13:04
2 separate rooms are the way to go. In some more rural destinations you might find rooms with two beds slightly separated or in ryokans you get 2 futons, but youfd just be separated by some 50 cm or so. And in Tokyo finding something like that is not likely. 2 separate rooms however is easy.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Tokyo 2024/1/9 18:40
Have you looked for an appartment or something to rent on Airbnb? Sounds like this will be a lot easier and cheaper than going with a hotel
by max (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Tokyo 2024/1/9 19:00
Apartment can be a solution but if you want two separate rooms youfd probably need to go for an apartment that is for 4 or more people. Most apartments will have 1 room only with kitchen and all in one space.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Tokyo 2024/1/10 04:24
You can try the Hilton Tokyo. I have connecting rooms booked (one 2x twins and one King) for family of four. It isn't cheap but very convenient.
by Hilton Tokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Tokyo 2024/1/10 05:14
A fair number of Tokyo hotels have connecting rooms, but it can be pretty hard to find them (especially if you are searching in English), and many of them require you to contact the hotel directly in order to book these rooms. I have seen a few threads on them over the years, so you might try searching on this and other Japan travel forums (most of the hotels will not be in Shinjuku, though). A pair of connecting rooms tends to be cheaper than a suite, and will have the advantage of having two bathrooms. But the easiest solution would be to just book two separate single rooms. If you book through a site that allows you to make requests, you can ask for the two rooms to be on the same floor if you want (no guarantee you will get this, though).

If you are on a really tight budget, Ifve noticed that many properties in the Super Hotel chain have connecting rooms. All rooms in this chain are quite gbasich and small, although most of their properties have a public bath, which is a plus. And free breakfast. They have a hotel in Kabukicho that has connecting rooms (12 square meters each, which many people find unacceptable but some are okay with it). I have no idea how to book it in English but presumably there must be a way.

I wouldnft take a chance on Airbnb in Japan myself and would be wary of short-term rental apartments except maybe for established apartment-hotel chains (such as Mimaru, which tends to be very pricy, and most of the rooms are not suites there, so you wouldnft actually have any privacy).
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Tokyo 2024/1/10 09:08
Just go to a simple business hotel and get 2x single rooms. Will be way cheaper by miles than any other option.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Tokyo 2024/1/10 16:26
I always stay in 1980 yen hotel
So my per day price with 10% vat =2180 yen
by Meritage (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Tokyo 2024/1/10 21:43
As some posters have commented, I recommend you to book two single rooms at the same hotel. Whenever I go on a business trip with a female colleague of mine, my company always arranges in that way for each of us.
by Stip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Tokyo 2024/1/11 01:07
For example, Toyoko Inn hotels have Business Twin Rooms and Connecting Rooms which shouldn't be too expensive, except that they're not available in their Shinjuku branches.

https://www.toyoko-inn.com/feature/room/?lcl_id=en
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread