Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

SIM card from KIX vending machine? 2024/1/9 01:12
We are travelling to KIX this April. We are travelling with kids, so we don't want to stay in line too long to get a pre-ordered sim card, just want to move fast to hotel. But we do need a sim card. Is buying at a vending machine a good option? I saw some on Insta with good deals. 9000 yen for 2 cards no limit.
Any good advise?
by KES (guest)  

Re: SIM card from KIX vending machine? 2024/1/12 10:48
If you're going to KIX and you want to get a sim card, you could get it in the machine, though it will probably be more expensive than if you ordered it online. You could have a sim card shipped to the local post office inside of the airport. I believe it's the 3rd floor in the international part of the airport. I've never really seen a line when it came to getting a sim card and you just literally can send it back the same way if you want when you're leaving.

If that sounds like too much of a hassle, then just try and grab a sim card at the airport.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: SIM card from KIX vending machine? 2024/1/21 21:12
I bought a sim in advance from Japan Experience via the link on this page https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2279.html & they posted it to my home so all I had to do was activate it when I arrived. I also installed Japan wifi autoconnect asa backup & that is mentioned on the same page.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: SIM card from KIX vending machine? 2024/1/23 15:41
Also recommend getting the internet sort out before you arrive in Japan. Mobal is another company that can send the SIM card to you for free.
https://visitjapan-vegetarian.com/should-i-get-a-japan-sim-card-and-wh...
by Lilz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: SIM card from KIX vending machine? 2024/1/23 16:32
Thanks a lot! Yeah I think I'll just order one already and have it sending to me before. Enough things to collect and find out with a sleepyhead just off the plane. 😬
by KES (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread