Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Narita hotel for shuttle and JR access 2024/1/11 11:53
Hello,

Thanks for all advice re hospital visits. As a.result we are heading home on earlier flight from Narita tomorrow morning. Will need to book a hotel for tonight with easy access via JR line ( we have JR pass) and airport shuttle. I was thinking of one of hotels that offer free pick up and drop off shuttle e.g International Garden Hotel Narita. When we get to Tokyo station we then would need to get a ticket to Narita airport with our JR pass. Then work out where to get shuttle bus to hotel. Then come bavk to airport early next morning. Do we need to book Narita Express at a JR office?
thanks
by Sushi Sean  

Re: Narita hotel for shuttle and JR access 2024/1/11 15:27
Yes you can reserved a seat at JR counters or ticket windows.

Plenty of hotels near Narita station. Not Narita airport. 2 mins train ride away.

You also take local trains if express is full.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita hotel for shuttle and JR access 2024/1/11 21:47
Not sure if this is too late for you now, but I stayed at the Nikko Hotel at Narita recently and it met my needs quite well. I’m not sure it’s the best of the airport hotels or not (the rooms are a little dated), but it is quite serviceable and has a very nice feature in that there is a convenience store on site, which could come in handy if you are looking for food and supplies. They have a shuttle bus to and from the airport. You can get information on their web site about schedule and pickup locations.
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita hotel for shuttle and JR access 2024/1/11 22:59
@Kim, convenience store in an airport hotel seems to be A THING. I remember one in the Hilton and one in my preferred Narita hotel : the Art Hotel Narita. The only one I know in Narita with a proper onsen including several rotenburo pools. (The hotel itself is similar to all the other airport hotels. )
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Narita hotel for shuttle and JR access 2024/1/11 23:11
LikeBike, that’s good to know. I found the combini at the Nikko to be a godsend. If I ever have to stay at Narita Airport again, I’ll check out the Art Hotel. I share your taste for baths…

We all hope that the original poster and daughter get home without too much further trouble after what must have been quite an ordeal.
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita hotel for shuttle and JR access 2024/1/11 23:33
Thanks all, ended up at the Garden International which is fine. A 7-Elevwn in the foyer which is great.

Had to get a Philippine Airlines business class back to Australia from Terminal 2. Does anyone know which business lounge PAL shares as that isbwhere i'll be having breakfast with the early flight?

thx
by Sushi Sean rate this post as useful

Re: breakfast before early flight (NRT Terminal 2) 2024/1/12 06:43
Thanks all, ended up at the Garden International which is fine.

That's International Garden Hotel Narita.

Make sure to catch a bus for Narita Airport.
(There are courtesy buses also for JR Narita Station,
which is outside the airport.)

The hotel website sounds friendly,
but it's not clear when the breakfast service starts at the restaurant.

Does anyone know which business lounge PAL shares as that isbwhere i'll be having breakfast with the early flight?

I would buy at a convenience store some nonperishable foods
(e.g. cheese, cookies).

During the early hours, it may be hard to find a dining place.

McDonald's on the 4th floor of Terminal 2
is open from 6:30.
(It has only 16 seats, though.)

- Narita Airport: Restaurant and shop search result
https://www.narita-airport.jp/en/shops/search/?floor=&shop_category=1&...

- Narita Airport: Airline lounges
https://www.narita-airport.jp/en/service/svc_76
: Philippine Airlines is not found.

- Narita Airport: Pay lounge
https://www.narita-airport.jp/en/service/svc_62
: It's located in Terminal 1.

Good luck!

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread