Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Neighborhoods in Tokyo in March 2024/1/11 22:03
Which neighborhoods in Tokyo do you recommend I visit in March? I will stay for a week.
by giusav  

Re: Neighborhoods in Tokyo in March 2024/1/12 09:34
Which neighborhoods in Tokyo do you recommend I visit in March?

That depends on your interests and purposes.

Do you have specific places you plan to visit?
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Neighborhoods in Tokyo in March 2024/1/12 11:20
Are you thinking of Sakura?
I would avoid Meguro Gaza as it gets way too busy.
Ueno park can be fun.
If you want it a bit more quiet (nothing will be quiet with Sakura) try the park around the Edo Tatemono museum in Mitaka.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Neighborhoods in Tokyo in March 2024/1/12 20:13
I don't know what Meguro Gaza is, but the river of Meguro-gawa is known for it's rows of cherry blossom trees. It would be crowded on weekends, but quite relaxed on weekdays. I also love to take a look at the river from the over-ground train platform of Nakameguro Station.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Neighborhoods in Tokyo in March 2024/1/12 22:06
Ueno Park at peak cherry blossom is bonkers & everyone should do it at least once. Otherwise it entirely depends on your interests.
by Stan Norrell (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Neighborhoods in Tokyo in March 2024/1/12 22:35
Meguro Gaza was a typo. Typing on a smartphone leads to that.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Neighborhoods in Tokyo in March 2024/1/15 22:40
I remember I went for the sakura season and Ueno park was so cool, not too overcrowded, actually I expected it more crowded, also Sumida Park was not so full, it's close to Asakusa.

Besides sakura reasons it really depends on your interests, personally I really like the area of Yanesen, close to Nippori Station because it has like an old vibe. Of course if it's your first time in Tokyo, Shibuya and Harajuku, Shinjuku and Ginza and Akihabara and Asakusa would be my must see areas also.

by Peter1986 rate this post as useful

Re: Neighborhoods in Tokyo in March 2024/1/17 04:47
I agree that the location really depends on your interests and budget. I stayed in Shibuya, mainly because it's fun and that's where my hubby's office is. However, Shibuya is more expensive compared to almost all other parts of Tokyo and the area surrounding the main train station is undergoing massive construction. So, unless you must stay there, I don't recommend it.

Do you want an apartment style hotel (I recommend the Tokyu Stay chain), traditional Japanese style hotels with tatami mats (these are rare in Tokyo), ultra lux 6-star hotels, plain Jane budget hotels, ...etc.?

Don't shy away from hotels that are not too close to a major train station. Taxis in Japan are not that expensive--you can take the train or metro to the closest station and take a taxi to your hotel. YOu may find a better bargain in this way, because hotels very close to the train station are usually more expensive.
by doggieluver rate this post as useful

Re: Neighborhoods in Tokyo in March 2024/1/17 11:32
Back to the topic, I would recommend just riding an over-ground train, watching the scenery, and getting off if it amuses you.

In March when the trees are blossoming with plum or cherry, among my favorites would be the Inokashira Line or the Toyoko Line. I also love walking along a river such as Tamagawa, which may be more accessible on the Tamagawa Line.

I hope you have fun!
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread